“Amazing addition to Lindsay”
Review of Chaba Thai

Chaba Thai
Ranked #10 of 86 Restaurants in Lindsay
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
“Amazing addition to Lindsay”
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

I love Lindsay; but since moving to Kawartha Lakes my spouse and I have definitely missed some of the ethnic food choices we had in bigger cities so we were really excited for the addition of Chaba Thai.

We had the Pad Thai and red curry - not too spicy; flavourful, nice presentation. The restaurant was very clean. My only complaint is that it is not accessible.

I'm sure when tourist season comes the restaurant will be very busy!

Stuart E, Manager at Chaba Thai, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
We are glad you enjoyed the Pad Thai and the Red Curry. We have had patrons in wheelchairs eat in our restaurant, however our washrooms are located downstairs. We will look into the building code requirements and feasibility of an accessible ground floor washroom.

“Tasty”
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

A nice flavourful and fresh change. My husband is very traditional and loved it too. Friendly, patient staff with great recommendations. I had the red curry and will come again and again for it!

“Finally some delicious culture in Lindsay”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

It just keeps me coming back. I'm in love with the green curry and the pad thai is great but a little sweet for me. If you want an extra kick ask for their dry and wet spice. Its absolutely delicious. Make sure you catch their lunch special which is $10 for a soup, spring roll, and any curry dish of your choosing.

• Visited February 2014
Lindsay, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good first dining experience.”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Very friendly, fast service. Good appetizers, cold salad rolls and crab rangoon. Food was fresh, well spiced and nicely presented. Interior of restaurant looks very pleasing although the washrooms are downstairs which is not good for anyone with mobility issues. Overall, it was very enjoyable and I would definitely go again.

• Visited February 2014
Lindsay, Ontario
“A delightful addition to downtown Lindsay”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We love Thai food but generally have only Toronto restaurant experiences with the cuisine, other than making pad thai at home. We were not at all disappointed with Chaba Thai and loved the food and the experience. The pad thai was authentic and delicious and the appetizer plate was delicious and included spring rolls, shrimp rolls, rice wrapped veggie rolls and a wonderful mango salad. It also came with three dipping sauces, including a peanut sauce. Our (very sweet and attentive) waitress suggested that the pad thai portions were so large that we could easily share one and have plenty, so that left us room to try a wonderful desert of "bananas in sweet coconut sauce". It was spectacular. One suggestion...if you love pad thai, order a plate each. We could easily have eaten more and gone without desert. Oh, and the green tea was served in a beautiful large oriental mug with a lid...very quaint...and the decor is relaxing burnt orange walls, corresponding wallpaper, and cushions on many of the bench seats. Seating is spacious, and if you aren't seated at the bench seating, it appears that the tables and chairs provide ample space for a party of four, and more tables could be joined together for a larger group. Dont' miss this great addition to downtown Lindsay. I can easily see the east end of Kent Street (just west of Lindsay Street) becoming restaurant row, with an eclectic mix of restaurants moving in!

• Visited January 2014