“Great Scones”

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great Scones”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is a great place for lunch. They have wonderful homemade soups and their scones and compote are best I've had. It is a place we often meet for lunch with friends and it has never disappointed us yet!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Joan H

Lindsay, Canada
“Afternoon tea favourite !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We love going to the Pantry Shelf for an afternoon tea/late lunch...the cranberry scones with the compote is a real treat! So glad that I finally went in, and had no idea it was so quaint and the food was so delicious! Had my birthday lunch there last year and will again this year!! The ladies do such a wonderful job! Delicious fresh soups and quiche and sandwiches! We are " regulars" and enjoy it every time we go!..

Lindsay, Canada
“This place is incredible!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

I went with my boyfriend for lunch and we both ordered a quiche lunch that came with soup and a scone. There was homemade jam and an orange slice on the side as well. Everything was homemade and delicious! The service was amazing as well. It was very busy with what seemed to be only 2 staff members working, and our waitress was fantastic. We were so impressed with the food that we ordered two coffees and tarts to go because we were so full, but wanted more for later. The strawberry rhubarb tart was one of the most delicious tarts I've ever had. Loved this place and I will definitely be going back!

1 Thank ashmx3
“What a great place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

The Pantry Shelf has a wonderful breakfast and lunch menu.
Buttertarts to die for. Their scones are the best I have ever had
Home made soups, salads, sandwiches.
Breakfast is excellent. I had a cranberry scone with my bacon and eggs.
Also a very good value for your money
Enjoy!!!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Homemade...and I mean "homemade" soups!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

I have visited for lunch many many times through the winter especially for their homemade soups! Beautiful large bowl of soup with a tea biscuit is never a disappointment! Sandwiches are always served with a side of their signature cranberry sauce. Mmmmmmm good!

I am looking forward to trying their catering services.

Recommendation: I would love to see a lunchtime delivery service for the downtown core! Would eat from here 3 days a week if I could have lunch delivered and so would my 18 coworkers!