“Breakfast or Bust - Three Strikes and You're Out”
Review of Neighbours

Neighbours
Ranked #43 of 88 Restaurants in Lindsay
Cuisines: British
Reviewed May 19, 2014

This is our second visit to this restaurant. I probably wouldn't have returned after the first but I like to give second chances just in case things have improved. We decided to try the breakfast so not to invest any more then we would have to in case its a bust. The following are not just food related comments but the entire experience so that you can get a better feel for this place. Upon entering the establishment directly outside the door you'll notice what was once possibly a professional entrance sign is now a cluster of hand written items inside numerous high school plastic binder protectors? Huh? I started to get a headache reading the various pages taped to the stand.Its 2014...come on folks really? There are enough graphic minded people that you could at least create something that doesn't look like a restaurant yard sale. Once past the Kijiji menu board you enter into a dark funeral like decorated room complete with dark green paisley wallpaper and seating that could have come from a nursing home. Large dust collecting plastic buckets hang through the center of the restaurant like large mounds of wilted dirty lettuce. The menu feel and look was designed by the same person that created the entry signage. Terrible. We ordered eggs over easy with home fries and bacon. The bacon was fine, the eggs were cooked as requested but the home fries are basically deep fried frozen potato squares. Cant anyone just make the traditional sliced potatoes and fry the dam things on a flat top? Once my breakfast was complete I decided to visit the bathroom. Thank God I did that after I ate then before..... I would have left the restaurant. If the establishment shows this much disregard to the cleanliness of the bathrooms what the hell does the kitchen look like? The bathrooms were filthy, stunk like urine, broken flooring and grime under the taps and toilet that was revolting. I left dirtier then I arrived. From the bathrooms you pass the open door to the kitchen....as much as I would like to have taken a photo of what I saw , I can do you all a favour and just say skip this lil' frozen potatoe until someone steam cleans this hole. Its three strikes and your out but I've left the game on this one and won't be returning....I suggest you take the walk and do the same. On a side note it appears there are two sites for this restaurant depending on how you spell Neabors http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g660799-d3243942-Reviews-Neighbours-Lindsay_Ontario.html#REVIEWS

1  Thank Kevin L

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Its like something out of the 80's!! dark & dismal and the food is pretty much the same too. I really would not recommend this place to anyone.

2  Thank fiona01406
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Neighbors Restaurant in Lindsay serves good predictable food with reasonable service.
The menu is simple perhaps a little limited but there are also posted specials.
I usually eat here Saturday afternoon for lunch and there is usually plenty of choice of seating.

1  Thank Ed H
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Visited this restaurant today and our server was terrible. When she took our drink order, we told her we were ready to order and she snappily said " I am only taking your drink orders now." She brought our drinks and still did not take our order. Her work station was directly beside our table and she walked by us at least 20 times. After 20 minutes without her taking our order or even acknowledging us we finally got up to pay for our drinks and leave. It was absolutely unacceptable service.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Good restaurant with great food. Breakfast all day is very good. Prime Rib and turkey dinners are also very good. We take our out of town friends there whenever they are in Lindsay and they love it. Overall, great service and food.