“Wonderful Family Restaurant...”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Lindsay, Canada
“Wonderful Family Restaurant...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

This family owned and operated restaurant is simply the best. You are treated like family and the food is excellent with something for everyone at the buffet. Order al la carte or take advantage of Wing Night (with a big selection of wing sauces so you can experiment and try new flavours) -- taco Tuesdays, Rib night, fish and chip night and our all time favourite the Sunday smorgasbord where you wonder.... What delicious dish will they bring out next? Very reasonably priced with an almost gourmet selection of beers on tap. Give it a try - you will be back and we'll see you there!

• Visited September 2012

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
“From the ashes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Great to see this family busines back. GREAT ribs this evening, along with my wife's huge and delicious chicken and pineapple salad , we left there FULL and FEELING GOOD. The staff were all very pleasant. Quiet and comfortable atmosphere.
Great value... We finally have a good eatery again in lindsay that offers Tennents..... My wife is so very pleased...

Belleville, Canada
“Very relaxing atmosphere and friendly service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

We were very pleased with the Phoenix while staying in Lindsay. The servers were friendly, efficient and the food was excellent. I have to say that the person who wrote "terrible terrible" was being rude and really not nice at all. We personally like a nice softly lit atmosphere to enjoy our meal that one that has lights glaring in your face. To add insult to injury ...referring to an elderly waitress was uncalled for. She was very very pleasant and I defy anyone to do the amount of work she does in one day at her age (which she told to me). Soooo, some people you cannot please at all...they just love to gripe....but they are in the minority I hope......Phoenix....you rock....we enjoyed it !!!!!!!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Lynda N
Lindsay, Canada
“Terrible, just terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

This restaurant sports a dark bar environment that is appeasing if you are looking to eat wings, watch the game and drink yourself into a stupor. But should you want to eat a nice meal with your family you are in for the worst time of your life. If you choose the "Buffet" as my family an I had the misfortune of doing you have a choice of some moderately edible mac and cheese, some instant mash potatoes, flavorless Yorkshire pudding, cabbage rolls, the worst roast beef I have ever had. The highlight of my dining experience at this restaurant was when the elderly waitress attempted to fill a glass of water as more water went onto the floor than into the glass.
If I have a choice between this restaurant and a prison lunch line, I would choose prison.

• Visited July 2012
5 Thank Dragon616
“Second time around is a charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

We are weekenders and enjoyed Captains for two years prior to the fire. To our surprise we found them at the phoniex last month and they rewelcomed us. The Carter family is as great as their food. They were eager to share their new vision with us and their enthusiasm was infectious. We have returned to lindsay for another weekend and we can't wait to try rib night tonight and the dinner buffet tomorrow.
Szabo Family