“NOT as advertised”

Knights Inn Lindsay
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Lindsay
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The photos of the inn suggest a well-maintained two storey inn but in person the experience is markedly different.

Off a secondary highway, nestled between light industry buildings, through some strangely opulent gates sits the tired hotel. Still, the bountiful planters of bright flowers suggested that we might still be delightfully surprised - until we saw the room.

Though the staff was lovely and the room was very clean, EVERYTHING in the room was worn out and cobbled together. I wasn't expecting a palace, however an AC unit that was powerful enough to cool a room in 7 hours would have been great amidst the heat wave. The pillows were lumpy (mangled in the wash) the double beds were concave and worn out. The lamp was falling apart. The bathroom light was wired to a light in the room meaning whenever one person used the washroom at night, the other would be woken. This hotel would be no bargain at $60/night but at $115/night it was atrocious.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lucie P

Reviewed April 16, 2012

When I complained about the mouse that kept me awake at night by making crinkling noises in a potatoe chip bag as he went in and out to snack, the owner's wife said that she was surprised because they didn't have a problem with mice. However, after speaking with her further I discovered that she used to have mouse traps in every room but took them out after quests complained. She said she had lots of mouse traps. There are two hotels very close by. Do not stay at this hotel. They owners are not oriented towards customer service.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel if you want a good room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank John M
Sunil P, Owner at Knights Inn Lindsay, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Thanks John for letting us know about the mice problem. A couple of days later after you checked out we caught the small mice and disposed of it. I am sorry that you had an unfortunate experience with us. I hope you will reconsider us in the near future and give us a chance to redeem our selves.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

These are the things that made me enjoy my stay at this hotel, but my warmest congratulations to the hotel for their choice of personnel. They know how to really make you feel at home, and if you need anything it is like asking a family member. Congratulations from the heart, you were fantastic...........during my hotel stay I found quite area , close to Lindsay town, comfortable, cozy and warmth welcome, wide area for children to play. I would definitely like to stay again at the same place during my trip toward Lindsay...!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I was travelling to Lindsey with my family in 1 month ago. I was searching for good hotel to stay in over night. Finally, I found place is call in Kawartha Lakes Inn. Price is very affordable, clean room, no smell, very comfortable bed, good breakfast area & kind customer service. I would definitely will back in summer again with my family. I will 100% recommend and 100% satisfy with service.

Room Tip: corner suites are sunny
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2012

If you have the opportunity to travel to the Kawartha Lakes Region, do yourself a favor and stay at any hotel other than the Kawartha Lakes Inn. Our entire group booked a block of rooms and we were pretty much the only people in the hotel the first 2 nights while the other two hotels nearby were booked solid. That should tell you all you need to know. The hotel advertisement reads as follows: "Our 38 clean and comfortable rooms, on site family restaurant and sports bar and 24 hour concierge makes the Kawartha Lakes Inn your home away from home." Nothing could be further from the truth. The rooms were small and the beds were uncomfortable. There was no thermostat, only space heaters that caused the room to smell like burnt popcorn. The on-site restaurant and sports bar burned down last year, yet the website has not been updated to reflect that. The "concierge" is the owner and he is rude and makes no attempt to make his guests stay a pleasant one. This hotel doesn't even have an ice machine. The owner claims he will bring you ice if you ask, but one member of our group asked for ice and it was never brought to his room. The sign also says there is a sauna, but there isn't. The website claims a walk-in special of $65 per night but our group was charged $99 dollars per night for an experience that wasn’t worth a dime. At the end of my stay I spoke to the owner about how unhappy I was and what I received in return was, not surprisingly, no satisfaction whatsoever. He simply yelled his response at me and I left disgusted. There are two other hotels within 2 miles of this one - the Lindsay Inn and the Admiral Inn. Peterborough is nearby as well and has a number of satisfactory hotels. If you are going to this region try to book at one of those establishments and avoid the aggravation of the Kawartha Lakes Inn.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else if you plan on enjoying your trip!!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ftb712
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Cozy room, room 3. Quiet motel, clean rooms, great service, comfy beds. No smell in the room. Only suggestion would be new bathrooms, ours was really worn. They even have a free breakfast, with toast, bagels, cereal, coffee and juice. Overall, great value for the rates charged. We would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank YOWTrish
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I have been travelling to Lindsay on business for over 10 years and despite other motels in the area I continue to stay at Kawartha Lakes Inn. There has been many improvements to this quaint motel over the last few years and it is a real family atmosphere. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. A fridge microwave and coffee maker enhance the stay. Mattresses are new and very comfortable. Any problems with the room and the owner is immediately there to fix the concern and make you happy. What a treat compared to the big hotel chains. Unfortunately the restaurant that was on the site had a fire last week so it is no longer a walk across the parking lot for breakfast however the motel is very close to downtown Lindsay. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Satisfied37
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lindsay
Days Inn and Suites Lindsay
#2 of 12 in Peterborough
Best Western Plus Otonabee Inn
Best Western Plus Otonabee Inn
#1 of 12 in Peterborough

Been to Knights Inn Lindsay? Share your experiences!