“Nice Family Run Place”
Review of Kent Inn

Kent Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Lindsay
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This past weekend my wife and I had the pleasure of staying at this Inn. We were very pleased with our stay. The room we stayed in was designated as a Queen room. It was small but sufficient with a comfortable queen size bed, a small table and chairs along with a small fridge, which included complimentary water, and microwave. The room seemed to have been renovated not too long ago which added to the comfort of the room. As the rooms are situated behind the main house and the Inn is small, it was quite quiet. We enjoyed a coffee in the morning outside on the chairs in front of our room and did not see nor really hear the traffic from the main road. I would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone who asks.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Kent Inn

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I had real hesitation staying in Lindsay, Ontario as we had a hard time finding a reasonable place to stay on our recent business trip. Our local contacts recommended a B&B or the Howard Johnson's. Reservations were made at the HoJo's and when we arrived we mutually agreed it was not the place for us.

Another choice was the Kent Inn so we gave it a shot.

For context, as the title states, I'm just not a motel kind of guy. May sound arrogant but I'm used to Sheratons and Hiltons. But, in small town Ontario, the options are limited.

The building appears old and basic but is reasonably clean and neat. The entrance smells a bit funky but I'm being really critical.

The king bed room at Kent is spacious and neat. Certainly not over the top luxury but better than I would have expected for a small town motel. Flat screen TV with digital cable, free wifi, in-room coffee.

If I have to come back to Lindsay I would consider staying here again . . . if I can't find alternatives in the area. Again, if you're not adverse to what I would consider average accommodations in a motel format, you'll not have any issues here.

Room Tip: Only experience in the king room #114. Patio door lets in lots of light and a nice breeze. Shower is...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Easy walking distance to most everything. Clean, neat and tidy with lovely hosts (Chris & Priti). If you are looking for a simple but pleasant place to stay in Lindsay this is the place. There are apparent ongoing renovations happening all adding to the character of this great little place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank nshuswap
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Having stayed at various other accommodations whilst on business in Lindsay, I was extremely pleased to have discovered this one - a real gem in terms of comfort, cleanliness, and friendliness of the owners! I would certainly be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian B
Reviewed April 28, 2013

After a 2 1/2 hour drive it was nice to receive a warm welcome from the owners. They went out of their way to make the stay for our group very comfortable. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. This is not a 4 star place so it was very afordable for the 2 nights we stayed. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms in the newer building are larger and can accomodate 5.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Nice size room, two comfortable queen beds, clean, warm and quiet. Good location in centre of town close to restaurants. Excellent service, good wifi and amenities. We would be pleased to stay again at the Kent Inn.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2013

if you want A nice clean and quite room right down town Lindsay, You can;t go wrong with Kent Inn .they treat their guest right and are very helpful. then room was of nice size very clean and comfortable. I would get another room anytime that I am in Lindsay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
kent251, Manager at Kent Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Kent Inn. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lindsay
Days Inn and Suites Lindsay
#5 of 12 in Peterborough
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 12 in Peterborough

Been to Kent Inn? Share your experiences!