“Absolutely satisfied”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Lindsay
Toronto, Canada
“Absolutely satisfied”
Reviewed December 20, 2010

Due to some comments, I decided to book a room at the motel located in the downtown for my 5 day business trip. Unfortunately, that motel is not up to my expectation: the room was not only small but also dark. Moreover, it smelt so bad that i thought the previous guest had stayed for months without proper housekeeping . I left for the motel on highway 35; this time i had to check the room before deciding to take the room. Unfortunately, the room was so cold. Finally, I stopped by the Admiral Inn to see what their rooms looked like. To my surprise, their rooms were so clean, spacious, well equipped with fridge, microwave, coffee machine, etc. Moreover, they offered such a reasonable price. The internet was working absolutely fine. The restaurant was very good. But one thing i did not like about the restaurant was they opened not early enough for breakfast - 8AM.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank jsmith56sfamily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
ottawa
Reviewed December 11, 2010

This hotel is dirty and tired looking .Look's and feels like 1950s motel with out any up grades. Entry to rooms are with old style motel key .no security at all. The entire place is very dirty, beds are awfull , old style TV with limited stations and no internet .

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank jazzy123Ottawa

Travelers are raving about these Lindsay hotels

Chatham, Canada
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I stayed there for two nights and I thought it was OK until I tried to go online The internet access was on and off the whoke first night. I needed to be in contact with my boss, but it was so unreliable. I called the front desk and the girl at the counter said it was my computer. She said "the internet is fine but obviously your computer does not work right". Well this computer I have is very new and I use it all the time on the road and I have never had trouble with it. I was up almost the whole night trying to get it to work. I left that hotel after the second night to another room in town and guess what? yes it worked just great. I called them to let them know my computer was fine, but the same girl said well there is notjhing wrong with our internet service, but another girl behind the counter said earlier they were having problems. I wasted a whole night of sleep thinking just maybe my computer was faulty where the whole time it was their service. I was told by otheres not to go there, but I have to learn the hard way.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank tractor62
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed November 6, 2010

We had previously stayed at The Admiral Inn and did not realize that ownership had changed hands. The new owner has done an incredible job with the renovations! The common areas look amazing and the new decor in the hallways and in the rooms was really nice. I love the common area off the lobby. It reminds me of being on an old fashioned train. The staff was exemplary and went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed for our stay. Keep up the great work!! We will be back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 23, 2010

The hotel apparently had a wedding at this location and decided to book us in the middle of the wedding party block. Needless to say I was woken up at 2 am by people coming back from the wedding. They then proceeded to run around the halls yelling at each other and kept me up until 5:30 am in the morning. When I called front desk they said they had just seen them and couldn't deal with them so they were calling the police. Needless to say no police ever came.

Then next morning when I complained to the front desk she said she would take care of me and offered a $10 discount. But then she overcharged me from the quoted amount. When I pointed this out to her she appologized and said, "I didn't look at your check-in slip for the rate". When I asked to speak to a manager I was told they were not on site and I can follow up by emailing [---] She was reluctant to give me his name and only wrote it down after I asked for it several times.

There is a lot of other hotels in the area that are just as nice. We go quite often and have stayed in many different hotels and this was by far the worst experience we have every had. Book anywhere else but here!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travellinggirl81
kawartha lakes
Reviewed August 7, 2010

We stayed there after our wedding and there was a swingers party going on. It was disgusting! People walking around the LOBBY with privated hanging out. Then we got our room key and when we walked in someone was already staying in that room! (it was like 2 AM but luckily they weren't in the room, but all their stuff was). We went back to the desk (to see mre swingers raoming around) and the lady didn't appoligize or seem surprised. It was an aweful place! DO NOT GO!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank meoomy
Ontario
Reviewed June 26, 2010

I stayed here with my girlfriend while visiting a friend in the Lindsay area. I had stayed at the Admiral about five years before and I was pleased with the place then, so I figured I might try it again.

The Admiral is a little on the dated side, but otherwise ok. The rooms looked straight out of 1995, but were otherwise clean, quiet, and comfortable. One weird quark is it appears somebody had kicked in the wall of our tub and the Admiral had never bothered to have it repaired. The damage was quite bad, but didn't have any impact on having a shower.

All in all, for 70-something a night, you can't really complain or expect to be blown away. There are not a lot of accomodation options in the area (mostly mon and pop type place motels), so if you want something a step up, this is really your only option.

Next time I'm in Lindsay, I will return here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ontario_Guy80
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lindsay
Kent Inn
#1 of 12 in Peterborough
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 12 in Peterborough

Been to Admiral Inn & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!