“no heat, no hot water do not go there”

Admiral Inn & Conference Centre
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Lindsay
Reviewed February 4, 2010

This was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at, it was cold outside but once in the hotel it was colder in there than it was outside. There was hardly any hot water, the rooms were freezing we had to heat them ourselves but it took about 5 hours to heat up the room. It looked like a hotel out of a horror movie. I asked for another heater never received one.
The beds were not beds, it was just two mattressess on top of a wooden box.
This has to be one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at, and the charged us 155 a night. it was also very dark and cringy

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank alyMississauga

Reviewed December 3, 2009

We stayed at this hotel while on the road with a girls hockey team. They allowed us to check in at 12 noon, and they put us all together on the first floor. Which is great when you are schlepping hockey equipment. There is no restaurant, most of the games in a very small arcade did not work and just took the money. The staff was quite friendly and allowed us to dry our game jerseys in their dryer which was nice. The girls were very noisy in the hallway until very late at night which was no problem, because we were the only ones on that floor. I have stayed with a team before in other hotels where they put some regular guests in among the team members rooms. Which is a nightmare for them.LOL I would stay here again for one night. Room heating unit looked new, but was very very noisey. Bathroom was only semi-clean and had mould around the tub. Towels were ok. No shampoo or conditioner. Hairdryer was ok. Fridge and micro in room which was nice. Great hockey hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2009

I went with my husband and kids for a trip for the weekend to Lindsay and i was hesitant to go because of the reviews i saw, these reviews are very unrealistic because the hotel had friendly staff, the restaurant was great with delicious food, the hotel was very clean and on point with their staff and service. This is not a five star hotel but you get what you pay for. I went to check out the other local hotel near admiral inn and was not pleased at all as i did not feel welcomed. This hotel was much more friendlier and cleaner as opposed to the other local hotel that was near by. I actually use this site for a reference and guide for all my trips as i travel a lot and i find this site very useful and i felt the need to write a realistic review about this hotel as it has been unfairly judged.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2009

I went to Lindsay recently to attend the annual Lindsay fair. I usually do not attend fairs in quiet cities, however I heard good things about this fair and my kids love going to carnivals. I stayed at the Admiral Inn and it was amazing! It was a very spacious hotel and I got all my needs accomodated. My kids also loved the food. It's a great place, as it is so large and roomy unlike many motels and inns, and you have the freedom to do whatever you like. I did not see any other hotel or motel even comparable to this one because the town is pretty small. So i recommend this inn for all Lindsay visitors.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2009

The town of Lindsay is a very nice town, populated by very pleasant folk, that I would love to visit again. On the edge of that town is the Admiral Inn, a place that unfortunately made my trip nearly unbearable.

Upon arrival we were greeted by an unprofessional young man in shorts and a t-shirt behind the desk, to whom I was wary about giving my credit card information. Check-in was quick enough, so we went to our rooms.
I was greeted by an interesting smell upon walking in the door. I thought maybe it was the cow field right across the road but no, the windows don't open, it couldn't be that. I decided to put on a pot of coffee while settling in. As I was hanging up my clothes behind the door, I was greeted by a bright green piece of chewed bubblegum on the top shelf, lovely. Upon deciding not to hang up my clothes, I went over to check on the coffee - it was done, so I "enjoyed" it out of one of the 4 provided styrofoam cups. Putting my toiletries away in the bathroom was somewhat hard, since the light above the counter didn't work until you gave it a good thwack on the left side. Once the light was on I saw the myriad of stains on the shower curtain, a classy touch that was topped only by the myriad of different types of mold and mildew within the shower. I didn't touch the rolled-up shower mat my entire stay, and preferred to shower in my flip-flops.

Upon finishing with work and getting back to the hotel, I thought I'd grab a quick snack from the vending machine. Needing change, I waited at the front desk until the girl behind the desk was finished talking to her friend (watch out Mark, Tiffany is going to dump you soon!). When I returned to my room to sleep, I noticed the mousetrap beside my bed, thankfully void of mice, but not spiders and flies. This brought my attention to the floor, at which point I noticed the many beer bottle caps strewn just under the overhang of the bed. I crawled between the sheets (not even a fitted sheet, just 2 flat sheets) and tried to ignore the fact that my feet were sticking out of the bottom (I'm not overly tall either, under 6 feet). I also tried to ignore the fact that there was a strange blood-spatter-like stain on one corner of the sheets. My sleep was not a good one that night.

The restaurant attached to this hotel had its grand opening the weekend before we ate there. The only thing available was the buffet, which included bone-dry roast beef, a random assortment of cooked vegetables, cold meatballs doused in barbecue sauce, cold homefries, a room-temperature hamburger helper-style dish, a plate of cheese already being enjoyed by some flies, some dried-out cold veggies, a couple salads, and some unrefrigerated cream-based pastries. All this for only $16. I came away with something extra though, and was hugging the porcelain for about an hour after dinner.

Overall, this was the worst hotel I've ever stayed at, and was possibly the worst trip of my life. I think a homeless shelter would have been a better choice.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2009

I like some of the other reviewers travel often and for the service and condition of this place what they are charging is almost criminal! The first thing I noticed was the front desk was a complete mess... papers and statements all over the place. The room was over priced, and was a disaster. I believe that since there is very little competition, they just don't care. There was an infestation of flies in the room, the floor was stained, the furniture was old and broken. The pictures on the wall had broken glass. The tv reception kept fading out. I had two associates that were staying there also and they said all the rooms were like that. So I decided not to stay, and went home.... the flies were awful!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Shadow_H
Reviewed August 29, 2009

There was mold on the shower curtain and a spill on the bathroom floor had dried in room 208. I wouldnt walk in the bathroom with barefeet.

I told them when I checked in that I need a very quiet room as I was working until mornings. I told them I dont care what room it is it must be quiet.

It cost me $184 for a grand total of 4 hours sleep over 2 days. It was so loud I went to the job site to nap. That was a month ago and still annoyed with their service. The receptionist didnt care about my issue and the cleaners were the ones making the noise even with the quiet pls sign on the door.

I have stayed in 2 other hotels in the area so this is not you only choice. Both far exceed this place.

Read all the reviews. I wish I did.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank hex0366
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lindsay
Days Inn and Suites Lindsay
#8 of 12 in Peterborough
No photo provided
Victoria Motel
#4 of 6 in Lindsay

Been to Admiral Inn & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!