“Great Wonton Soup”

Fifth Avenue Club Restaurant
ontario canada
“Great Wonton Soup”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Simple dinner style food with basic Canadian and Chinese food. The Delux Wonton soup is my recommendation.

Visited January 2013

Northwestern Ontario
“Our last experience settled it, we're never returning”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Service is very hit or miss here. There is only one waitress who does her job well here, the rest seem to have a relaxed attitude.

Our last experience was when we went out for Chinese. The Fifth Avenue does have a wide variety but nothing to write home about. My wife and I had decided upon the "Dinner for two" but we wanted to swap out the chop suey in exchange for beef and greens. We were told this would be an additional charge even though the price on the menu was close to the same amount. Strike one.

We decided to get two "Dinner for Ones" because the price was actually cheaper than the "dinner for two" and we'd actually get beef and greens. However when we got our order it was clear that we had chop suey and not the aforementioned beef and greens. When we brought this to the attention of the waitress she told us "That's how beef and greens look." My reply was "So it's normal to see very little greens in beef and greens?" She nodded and walked away. Strike Two!

One of the main reasons we didn't want chop suey was because of the snotty appearance. I have never been able to stomach the sliminess that much but I decided to at least try it since I was paying for it. The chop suey was still frozen in parts which leads me to believe they use frozen vegetables. Strike Three!

Upon checking out we let the waitress know how unsatisfied we were. She told us there was nothing she could do in a "I don't really care" type of attitude. We ended up paying full price even though we didn't get what we wanted, and the food wasn't cooked. We did however save money on tipping.

• Visited August 2011