First World Hotel, Resorts World Genting
Grand Ion Delemen Hotel(Genting Highlands)
$72
  • Pool
$53
$35
  • Restaurant
DZH Health Resort Club(Genting Highlands)
$44
Maxims(Genting Highlands)
$339
Resort World Genting(Genting Highlands)(Great Value!)
$220
  • Restaurant
Genting View Resort(Genting Highlands)
TripAdvisor
Your Hotel Genting Highlands(Genting Highlands)
TripAdvisor
Kayangan Apartment(Genting Highlands)
3,057 results
All reviewsworld club roomoutdoor theme parknew towersnow worldmini fridgecable carnice viewweathercloudsskyclimateavenue
Reviewed December 4, 2007

Standard room : Never even imagine of, the worst rooms where you will not like to send anyone. Tower 2 : Super Deluxe rooms are good. Can stay. There is no room service in this hotel. The Reception staff is good and helpful. Do not directly believe your travel agent. Most lie and give false information. Contact directly the hotel, honest people. Nice place to stay with good view in super deluxe rooms just RM 120 more than standard room, worth upgrading.

• Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed November 10, 2007

I went there with my wife and son, hoping to find a place where we could relax and where my son could have fun. The hotel is better on the inside than outside (not much though) but the service is horrible.
You have to get a number and wait for a long time if the place is busy.
Like the service, the rooms are also cold. The temperature outside can be cold and there is not heat. Just a couple of think blankets on the bed. Not like you will want to stay in the rooms since they are small and there are only a few channels on the TV.
The theme park and surrounding area is just tacky and dirty. It looks like they spent quite a bit of money on the place about 20 years ago and then nothing since. Looks like a heaven for Chinese gamblers but it isn't very exciting if you are going there for more than just the casino. If you are going looking for a fun place, I would look elsewhere. After a day, you will be bored of walking through the same little shopping area over and over.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank kimcheese
Reviewed October 28, 2007

This decent Hotel is not the best in the world, but what do you expect if you pay about 25 to 30 euro for a kingbed room! Our room was very small but clean, if you go to Genting you don't go there to spend much time on our room. After staying in another 100 euro, crabby 4 star hotel in the malaysia this hotel was a pleasant surprise,..

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2007

I have been to this place and this hotel numerous times but decided to pen down my comments this time because as I noticed that there isn’t much information on their Triple Room in our webbie.

Genting Highlands is my yearly trip as my folks love the casino so we make it a point to visit at least twice a year. Of all the hotels (which I had tried almost all), I like First World Hotel the best. Not for its comfort or service, but its location. The shopping mall, cinemas, restaurants, coffee joints, pubs, casino and etc are all located just below this hotel.

I would usually book twin-sharing rooms and request for the adjoining ones for group of 4 or 5 (though my request has never once been fulfilled) so this time round I decided to book for its Triple Room for better family bonding. I booked for a Triple Room and particularly paid more for the Deluxe Triple because I wanted more room space. However instantly upon checking into the room, I found myself short-changed. It was stated that a Triple Room configures bedding of a queen bed and 2 single beds but I found my room with 3 single beds instead. I still remembered one of the beds was disgustingly located just outside the toilet. The walking space is very small and limited. I went back to the front desk for rectification but they explained that they have got only one type of Triple Room and this is it. However I was very sure of the configurations stated in their website and I had double-confirmed with the staff during booking regarding the room configuration. I insisted on my grounds till the manager came by and decided to move us to the bigger Triple Room which we had originally paid for, explaining that their system may be faulty and thus the mixed-up. Whoever is reading, trust me, I noticed that First World Hotel always has this tendency to short-change or allocate the less popular rooms out first. This is not the first time I have had room problems with them. So folks, do take note the next time you are there! This is definitely not a customer oriented hotel where customers come first!

The rooms at First World Hotel is known for its tiny size, uncomfortable settings, bad services, unfriendly staff and much more I could go on. Tiny toilets, stained towels, very small 14” TV (even for bigger rooms like the Triple Room), dirty-looking divan, very thin wall, lack of supply of hair dryer, horrible breakfast buffet and etc. It is not difficult to spot bits of rubbish here and there even after the rooms are freshly made-up. However all these are tolerable if your focus is not in the rooms.

Despite the bad points, Genting Highlands in fact is a nice place to relax in a very nice cooling weather condition. Enjoy the beautiful mountain views. Shop around in the mall, catch a movie at the cinema, have coffee at Starbucks in the open and enjoy the cool weather, visit the Theme Park (indoor and outdoor), have an ice cold beer at the pub with live band (called Patio). There is quite a number of things to do even for non-gamblers. It is a relaxing place for a few days’ stay. I personally recommend this eatery at a Mushroom Farm nearby, not too far from all the hotels. Forget about this place been a posh restaurant. This is rather a run down eatery and they serve Chinese food in some zinc-roofed houses but food is good and not too expensive. Do not worry about transportation and having to walk downhill on foot. They have a special pick-up service. Just call them on their phone and they will come for you at your hotel. You just have to indicate the time you like to be picked up. No need to call in advance. They can be there almost in an instant. For those who would like their telephone numbers, do send me an email.

Meanwhile enjoy yourself folks!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank SummerTea
Reviewed September 22, 2007

We were in Genting for 2 Nights and it was a Good time we had as my son enjoyed the Rides and the Theme Park. Food was OK and very expensive although lot of options are available. Some how the Local food didnt suit my stomach and I had to stick to light food or Indian Food which was very difficult to get as there was only one Restaurant in Genting Hotel which was very far.

The Hotel had offered us a special Package on website which we had booked , The Photograph shown in the Advt on website for the deluxe room was quite good with a View.

When we checked in we were given a Dingy Room with no light and View it was so depressing that we could not even sleep , It was so small that There was no place to keep the Baby Cot. I paid an additional 300 MYR for two nights and Took a Beautiful First Club Room on 28th Fllor of 2nd tower, Excellent room. But I could have saved all this problem if the Photographs were little more truthful on the website.

Some how I also feel that The Front Desk didnt give me a proper Room as per package. There was a Little discrimanation amongst peopel from different region which I could sense. They were allocating better rooms to people ons ame package who seemed to looking forward to casino spending.

May be its just my impression ......

But genting is a not to be missed destination.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family