“Value for the location”

Awana Hotel
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Genting Highlands
Reviewed May 5, 2010

Date:05 May 2010

We stayed in Awana Genting for 2 nights and the back drop was awesome with flush green meadows, mountain ranges and the golf course. I preferred staying here rather than in the Genting highlands because of too much noise and crowd. Courtesy and service are far fetched words in this hotel. Room was mediocre and in the room I stayed I could notice the door for power cable and circuit breakers were kept open.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank laksundar1

Reviewed May 4, 2010

The rooms were highly spacious and were very tidy.

The best part was the golf course just adjecent to room balcony .

The golf course experience was amazing , especially sitting in morning in balcony with coffee to see the view around

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Shiv_malhotra26
Reviewed April 16, 2010

This is the closet you will get to nature, beautiful location and great value for money by far better than first world and theme park hotels... which looked like airports to me at their lobbies.

The food at the hotel is cheap and amazingly good in taste.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2010

Date: 4th May 2008
Our 2 ngiht stay at the hotel was worth remembering and worth a mention too. The room was very spacious, tidy, comfortable and loaded with all the facilities. The morning sun in the backyard gave us a warm welcome. There was a lavish buffet breakfast greeting us with dishes from all across the world.
The only drawback was its distance from the indoor and outdoor theme parks at the First World Plaza. But it too was complemented by a ferry ride arranged by the hotel.
The overall stay was very comfortable and joyfull.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2010

awesome enjoy the most from whole trip to fareast

• Stayed: June 2007
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed December 22, 2009

I went & stayed at this hotel to keep my husband company, he had a conference there for 3 days and 2 nights. We were booked into the double deluxe room. Before I got to this hotel, I checked TripAdvisor to get a general idea of how the rooms would be like. This was important for me because I had it in mind to just stay in the room & enjoy it fully for those 3 days. There were a few negative reviews about the rooms at the Awana, but I had no choice as I was dragged along by my dear hubby :)

We drove there and upon reaching the place at 6PM, we were very lucky to secure a parking space that's very very near to the lobby entrance, it was almost a VIP parking spot. I could've even crawled to the lobby from there if I wanted to! Haha. Other visitors were not so lucky, the hotel's multistorey parking lot is quite a distance from the lobby. We headed straight to the hotel reception counter, where my husband was greeted with less-than-excellent service from the staffs there. He said it was as if the guy at the counter didn't care very much about us, maybe because it was a group booking..I don't know. We proceeded to head towards our room, which was located on the 12th floor of the tower block. All along the way, we could see that the hotel decoration is quite nice and beautiful, it's not elegant though, with quite a lot of neon signs.

Well, surprise surprise, the room we got was not bad at all! I just love the room, it was very comfy, cozy, clean, pleasantly cool (not too cold, and not hot either), with carpeting and decent furniture. The toilets..well, we've seen better but they're certainly okay..100% clean. The room comes with a minibar, a small TV, coffee making facilities, and even an iron & ironing board provided (which is essential in my opinion!). There was no safe, but it's okay..this time I'll be the safe because I'm not going to leave the room :p The only gripe we had with the room is the lack of ASTRO (satellite TV) channels, you can only get local TV channels. In this day & age when even budget hotels give you ASTRO in the rooms, this is quite a severe shortcoming. Regarding internet WIFI in the room, it's quite strange..as before we went there, I already called the hotel and asked them if they have free WIFI in the double deluxe room. They told me no, the rooms in the tower block does not have a WIFI service. I was disappointed but what to do? Turns out, the 1st night we were there, my hubby found out that there IS a WIFI internet service signal in the room..and we could just connect to it for free, it's fast too...weeehooooo!!! :)

Oh, and another thing, if you're planning to call up for room service in the tower block rooms, then forget about it. There are no room service available in the tower block rooms...but it's okay, because the food at the hotel is nothing to shout about. My hubby had his meals at the restaurant (The Rajawali coffeehouse) all the time we were there, and he told me that the food was really nothing special, just your normal hotel food fare. So the lack of room service is really not a big deal to me.

The cleaning staff that come by once a day to clean the room was very polite and efficient at her job. What else? Hmm, the weather there was very nice..when we went there, it was very foggy at all times of the day and it was cold, but not overly so. Oh, and I forgot to mention that the room comes with a ceiling fan! So if it gets kinda hot, even without air cond in the room, you won't sweat too much as there's the fan.

So overall, the Awana Genting was a pleasant experience. The hotel is not bad at all, it's very ideal for a weekend getaway. If you're looking to spend a lot of time at the theme park at the peak of Genting, then this place might not be for you, as it's quite far from the peak. But if you're looking for someplace quiet and a bit isolated from all the craziness of Genting, then the Awana fits the bill.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank Qasyh
Reviewed December 17, 2009

before i go to awana genting i have read a lot of complains and underrated view. so i try to stay there for 2 night to experience it. Honestly i like the place. The room is quite amazing and really very clean. The room have new brand air conditioning and the bed is sooooo comfortable. The view from my room is spectacular. The breakfast also one of the best. I m just thinking why there were so many bad review about this hotel. But the negative point is just the services were not the good. The staff except the security not friendly and hard to see them greet us or even smile esp the receptionist.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
#3 of 10 in Genting Highlands
Maxims
Maxims
#6 of 10 in Genting Highlands

Been to Awana Hotel? Share your experiences!