It wasn't our first choice as we went during peak season and Genting Resort hotel was fully booked. I thought with a 5* rating, Awana Genting should be quite a grand hotel, if not clean and comfortable.
It didn't spoil our mood though check-in was slow and the staff wasn't a tad friendly. What we didn't expect was the mouldy and foul smell that welcome us when we entered the room. The rest of the day was spent scratching all over our bodies, not sure it's due to the bedsheet or the poor air quality.
Don't go to any of the restaurant if you can, food sucks big, the Rajawali Restaurant serves mainly spicy food that wasn't cater to kids. Fish stinks and all the ingredients were far from fresh.
1 thing good about the hotel is they provide hourly shuttle bus to the Skyway ( cable-car to Genting highland) and complimentary Skyway tickets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in five-star luxury while taking in breathtaking views of a majestic mountain range landscape within the comforts of your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ctrip TA so you can book your Awana Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Awana Genting Highlands Hotel Genting Highlands
- Awana Hotel Genting Highlands
- Awana Resort Genting Highlands