I have booked a night's stay via expedia.com.my just a week in advance and paid RM267.00. The hotel room was clean and fine - it accommodated 3 adults and also, it included 2 buffet breakfasts... My dad played golf and had breakfast separately, so no issues on that. The check-in staff was friendly and efficiently and was able to check in by 12ish instead of 2pm although it was a long Malaysia Day weekend. There is also a big selection of cable channels (mainly from Astro) which we enjoyed too.
There is a free hourly bus which goes up to all the way to First World Hotel for hotel guests, hence no need to drive or pay for the cable car charges... The driver practise safe driving (this was a comment from my dad) and there was pleasant in-house music the whole time.
The problem is that there is no free WiFi available - you have to pay like RM10 for 1 hour or RM25 for 24 hours which I think, it is a shame as I think most hotels (including hotels of lower grading) provides free WiFi for their guests... I think that's a big Boo boon on the hotel's part.
But generally, the hotel's pretty acceptable for a short getaway...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in five-star luxury while taking in breathtaking views of a majestic mountain range landscape within the comforts of your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Awana Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Awana Genting Highlands Hotel Genting Highlands
- Awana Hotel Genting Highlands
- Awana Resort Genting Highlands