First contact after the border in KL is with the lady to book the taxi to go to Genting. Fixed rate of 217,50 Myr. I pay 300.--, take my change and my voucher and leave. I have an habit to check the change I am given back. I should have 82.50 but she only gave me back 72.50, so i go back to the counter and she immediatelly & naturally gave me the 10.--Myr that she was about to put in her bag... First impression tells it all !! Too bad. Now to Awana Hotel in Genting : it should have been top class 25-30 years ago when they opened it. Signs of time already appear everywhere, broken handle at nearly every window, outdoor activities stopped or broken, sport center with no adapted material for kids, only one buggy working, etc etc the list is long. The place is nice, the staff is cool, and the hotel is clean, but it seems to me that this hotel is in "auto" mode and there is no managment or no will to develop or repair things....saddly. The food buffet was always fresh and tasty with ample choice. At the massage center they are very good, and the kids totally loved the heated swimming pool. But few good points compare to many defaults doesn't add it up for me. I will try elswhere with my familly next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in five-star luxury while taking in breathtaking views of a majestic mountain range landscape within the comforts of your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Awana Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Awana Genting Highlands Hotel Genting Highlands
- Awana Hotel Genting Highlands
- Awana Resort Genting Highlands