“My first & last time stay at AWANA GENTING HIGHLANDS.”
Review of Awana Hotel

Awana Hotel
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Genting Highlands
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Very bad experience while staying in AWANA Genting Highlands.

Very bad shuttle bus service from the genting hub to AWANA. No system. No que. No first come, first board the bus system. My family and I have to wait for HOURS (missed the 0030hr, 0130hr, 0230hr shuttle bus service) as we could not PUSH & SQUEEZE up the bus. There were 3 other families experienced the same situation. No priority given to families with baby, elderly and toodler..

No action by driver. No action from the highland hotel security (the place where we board the bus), even though they are aware that guests from AWANA hotel are turning into animals. We have to take a taxi down to AWANA hotel (tout min amt of RM50 per taxi)after failing to board the shuttle bus.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Nurasikin

Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed at Awana in a 3 bedroom suite June 9-13 2011 with my extended family. The place is VERY dated, run down and old. I'm not sure when was the last time they did anything to upgrade the place. A few points here to help you see what you might be getting into if you choose to stay here:
1. The rooms are very musty and stuffy - airconditioning didn't work well and for people who have got sensitive respiratory systems, you'll be in for sneezing fits. You can literally feel the difference once you leave the suite - you stop sneezing and feel that you can breathe better!
2. The carpets are very worn - torn in many places and primarily why the rooms are musty and dirty.
3. Toilets are very old - as in previous reviews, there're no shower stalls, only tubs. But these tubs are so old and worn. Imagine this - you can see white marks (not sure what they are) against the maroon colour of the tub. I don't think you'll want to take baths in them.
4. Low quality of mattresses and pillows smell musty.
5. Extra bedding - you need to pay RM60 per piece.
6. Arm chairs are dirty - I found old food crumbs in between seat and arm rest.
Not sure the options up in Genting are any better - perhaps with the exception of Maxims (which is currently under renovations and we couldn't stay there).
Though a few reviews said that the service staff were non-responsive, I found that this was one of the two saving graces of this place. When we asked for housekeeping to clean the rooms at a specific time - they turned up at that time - on the minute. Most staff members were polite and helpful for most part. The other thing I was glad for was that they had Wi-Fi access point specific to the room - the signal was strong and broadband was pretty good.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank traveller597627
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The place is heaven on earth, the king size room and the royal welcome is one of the exciting and interesting. The place so warming and cool that one will fall in love....................

The luxury starts and end at awana

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank vishal_dr_sharma
Reviewed June 10, 2011

It is a very beautiful hotel hotel. I was initially upset when i got to know that the hotel was not on hill top, but once i checked in, i was satisfied. The check in - check out hotel is very very quick. They were very professional, and very well organised. The hotel breakfast was very nice.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank hitujain4u
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I had a chance to attend a company offsite meeting at Awan Genting Highland REsort. What a ncie place !! Its a big property with beautiful surroundings... nice and well maintained property.. I enjoyed the food here because I could get some good vegeterian stuff which tastes like Indian food.. service was okay, conference rooms were small.. hotel rooms are spacious with nice views of Golf course and Genting view. Nice place to go with family and enjoy the good vacation.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MandarBhide
Reviewed June 9, 2011

This hotel is a very nice place to stay with your family. The ambience is very beautiful.we booked a deluxe room and without our knowing it was a room with 2 queen size bed which was really comfortable as we went with 2 small kids. So you do not need to take extra bed.They had buffet breakfast in their own resturant and they take orders too .They had sunrise and sunset programs there.They had a nice golf course there . It is good to book here if we want to enjoy nature at its best in spite of going to Genting Highlands.
They provide shuttle buses to and fro Genting skyway , Awana skyway,and Genting highlands resort every 15-20 min. It is a nice place to go there and if you are booking in advance or in non peak season you can get a very cool price for the luxurious place.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank sangitajhunjhunwala
Reviewed May 14, 2011

I've been to Genting Highlands several times but have yet to try Awana Genting so naturally when my aunt offered me her shareholder vouchers for accommodation in First World Hotel / Awana, I booked Awana immediately with almost no hesitation. The vouchers were for weekday stay only and my 4D3N stay happened to stretch over Saturday so I had to fork out RM$110 for the Saturday stay.

Naturally, the person who joined me on this trip was none other than my fiancee. I broke the "bad news" to her that we would not be staying at the peak like almost everyone else but I promised her that this would be a different experience.

A different experience it was! The room we got was spacious and clean compared to those at First World Hotel. The main gripe was the accessibility to the peak which is the source of entertainment for most, if not all people. The Awana provided shuttle bus service to both the Genting skyway and to the peak during our stay as the Awana skyway was closed for maintenance. Our movement during our stay was limited to the bus schedule which we brought along wherever we went.

Service wise, Awana could do better as we found ourselves ignored while standing at the reception several times during our stay.

Overall, not a bad place to stay if you are planning to just have a couple rounds of golf and relax at the hotel. If you plan to go to the casinos and enjoy shopping at the peak, steer clear!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
#6 of 12 in Genting Highlands
Genting Grand
Genting Grand
#3 of 12 in Genting Highlands

Been to Awana Hotel? Share your experiences!