“Rigney's Farmhouse sure to delight familes”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kilcornan
Rigney's Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Kilcornan B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 26, 2008

We started our visit to Ireland at this delightful Farm B&B. Very friendly family atmosphere, lovely rooms and farmhouse. Great breakfast although this takes a bit of time. The family was especially kind to our children, who enjoyed getting involved with some of the farm animals. Great tips on where to go and visit in the area. Adare is lovely.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank LB-elsewhere

Reviewed August 12, 2008

I had the great fortune of staying at Rigney's Farmhouse in Adare last month. The host was friendly and helpful, and always had a smile on her face. The property is very well kept, and my room was clean and comfortable. I had been traveling around Ireland for a month, and this was the first place that I stayed at where I was offered tea and scones with marvelous jams upon my arrival.
Since this is a farm, and since the host raises her own pigs and chickens, and since she bakes her own breads in the mornings, go for the full Irish breakfast! You won't find the food fresher or tastier anywhere in Adare, or anywhere in Ireland.
I highly recommend you visit the 'store' before you leave. I bought 10 jars of homemade jams to bring home to give as gifts.
This one is a gem! Don't go to Adare without staying at Rigney's!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2008

While this bed and breakfast is a bit off the beaten path of Adare and Limerick, it is WELL worth the trip. This is an actual working farm, in addition to the bed and breakfast and the farm shop - all ran by one amazing woman! I have never met a nicer person.

The rooms were spacious for European and bed and breakfast standards - everything was also clean as a whistle. The Irish breakfast was the best I had in Ireland.

Everything and everyone we met there from the people to the animals (pigs, chickens, cows, horses, dogs, etc) were all terrific. OH - and if you do stay here, DEFINATELY stop in the shop and pick up some EXCELLENT jams to take home as gifts! All homemade and excellent prices!

I highly recommend this bed and breakfast!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank LeeshM
Reviewed June 12, 2008

Rigneys was a wonderful place to stay. Caroline and her family were warm and very welcoming. When I arrived Caroline had snacks and drinks ready for us. Her black pudding was the best I had during my stay in Ireland. The homemade breads that went with breakfast was delicious too. My room was clean, warm and lovely with a great view and the mattress was very comfortable. The only thing I would of done different is stay for 2 nights instead of just the one. Rigney's was definetly a small slice of heaven and I would love to return someday.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed April 29, 2008

This is an absolutely beautiful B&B! Caroline, her husband, and daughters were warm, helpful, and friendly. The working farm was a high point of my visit to Ireland. Afternoon tea upon our arrival and breakfast the next morning were homemade and delicious. An evening walk on the country road (after visiting the piglets and lambs one more time) made a great way to end the day. This is a favorite!

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed October 1, 2007

This is a great place to stay but it's very difficult to find if you're travelling from the Adare side. It's much easier if you go from the Askeaton side. Detailed maps are needed as there isnt much sign posting. It's also a good bit out of Adare.

The house, though, is lovely. Very quaint. There is nowhere else I've come across where you can get a room with four poster bed for 70 Euro b&b i.e. 35 per person. The breakfast is terrific and the sausages are their own. They have a little shop selling them. It was worth the detour really.

By the way, for electric shavers, there was no shaving point in the bathroom.

• Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank Marie
Reviewed September 22, 2007

This B & B set in a country side. It is however a bit difficult to find so make sure your get clear directions. The B &B is situated about 10 minutes outside of Adare. The rooms are well appointed and clean. Breakfast was realy good as it is made fresh from the farm products.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank NicoleTO

Been to Rigney's Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!