“Fantastic Family Weekend”

Hidden Valley Holiday Park
Reviewed August 12, 2010

My family just returned from Hidden Valley Park this past weekend and we LOVED IT, the kids had the best weekend and loved the roasting marshmallows and stories.

The facilities are fantastic and look brand new, the Fun Park was top class and we couldn’t recommend the holiday highly enough.

It’s a must for all the family.... we'll be back before the summer is gone :)

1  Thank BreakawayNOW

Reviewed August 12, 2010

My family just returned from Hidden Valley Park last weekend and we couldn't have been more impressed with the park. The park was very busy on arrival, yet the staff gave us lots of attention and told us everything we needed to know before we picked out our site. We pitched our tent near the river. You are allowed campfires along the sandy banks and so we did this each night. The kids loved roasting marshmallows and telling silly stories…. It was great, brought me back to my Brownie Guide days! We were told at check in that quiet time is between 11 p.m. and 8 a.m. which was perfect for us as we were able to get a good night's sleep. We all slept really well. It looks like there are a few unhappy families leaving remarks on tripadvisor, but I couldn't disagree more. We wouldn't stay at Hidden Valley if the park allowed loud drunks keeping us awake all night.

The facilities are all brand new and kept very clean. The young girl cleaning the block was very friendly and thorough. She seemed to always be there. The kids loved the Fun Park on site and we felt the park was very good value. We did the 3 days for 2 and will pay it the next time we go back. The park is done really well so we didn’t mind paying the small fees.

Im surprised at some of the reviews left here, because we would really recommend the park. We can't wait to go back. We have already booked for the end of the month before the kids go back to school.

2  Thank YHyland
Reviewed August 11, 2010

As we were travelling with friends we had booked the site in advance and had requested 3 caravan sites together if possible. As we had looked at previous reviews we didn't know what to expect, what a surprise we got, Molly, Eric, Barry and Lloyd couldn't have been any more helpful if they had tried. As promised they had kept us 3 sites together which was excellent. The teenagers were out of the vans and away and only returned to get fed, they had a great time around the lake and the kayaks/boats and enjoyed the company and the craic from the owners. The younger child (9) found alot of other children his own age and again he felt he was allowed of the reins as it was a very safe site and everyone looked out for each other. Barry and Molly were great with alot of information about the surrounding area and were very up to date with what was going on. The 'Riverside Diner' run by Shelley and Willy was excellent, they were most helpful and nothing was a bother to them, the food was brilliant and well priced and they always had time for a friendly chat even if you were just getting a cup of tea. All the children were enjoying themselves so much they didn't want to leave after the week so when we asked if it was possible to stay the answer was not problem, they and us as parents enjoyed the scenery and the peaceful relaxation so much that we have booked to go back again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cashdiane
Reviewed August 10, 2010

In my opinion it is great place for elderly people or young people who goes to sleep at 10pm.. who do not want to sit at the fire at night telling stories and roasting marshmallows!
We visited this campsite in middle of July this year with friends who have two young children.
Of course, before visiting I read Tripadvisor, which is a great help in planning all my journeys. I thought it cannot be that bad, people exaggerating about the noise and ruddiness of staff, and I thought it will be great as I was concerned about our safety and noise while loud youngsters drinking! Additionally we were looking forward to enjoy at the fire outside having few drinks and telling stories! Not a chance! 11 o’clock no even talking AND I MEAN THAT – NO TALKING! The fire in the barbeque had to be put off after 11 pm as well.. it would make sense before going to sleep!! A man with a torch was checking everybody.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Natalie_Norton_13
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I have been to hidden valley before and have had a great time. It has completely changed for the worst over the last year. Firstly it has gone up in price and €52 for 2 nights in a tent is a bit much. Then there is a 5 euro charge for each time you use the playground, a disgrace. Even if it was a one off charge of 5, that might be ok but 5 euro a time, is just pure greed. The owners/management also put the love of making profits about the health and safety concerns of their guests with some amazing sardine like packing in of guests. Unbelievably our tent ended up on the road of the carpark, surrounded by cars, which with young children became a real hazard. Hidden valley could be a great site again if the owners/management thought a bit more about the guests and not how much money they can make!!!

3  Thank Bennett74
Reviewed August 8, 2010

just back from a great weekend, highly recomend it to any family with children, playground is just fab , my 6yr old just loved it , boats great safe fun, plus found a lovely walkway through a forest across from the rugby pitch, it unspoilt beauty, kids loved the walk through the forest with the stream running alongside, had a stone throwing competition, all in all just good safe fun, love the security and the fact the all the noise is gone by 11, makes for a sleeping baby to stay that way, staff in the whole place just so helpfull and polite, have booked my return weekend before the schools are open, cant wait,

Reviewed August 8, 2010

Just spent the weekend with my husband a 3 year old at Hidden Valley. We were a bit apprehensive about going there having read many very bad reviews about some rude staff member but I was very pleasantly surprised indeed. We had a fantastic time there and the staff (in particular the staff who ran the food outlet and playground) were quite friendly and very pleasant in our own experience. There was a nice lay out to the site and the toilets, showers and shared kitchen facilities were very modern and clean. There was a great atmosphere on the campsite the night we stayed.

I would like to return again however as a parent, my major gripe with this campsite is the cover charge to use the playground. I think a daily charge of €5 per child is completely excessive and downright greedy on the part of the Campsite owners. This €5 charge does not cover a 24 hour stay. For example we arrived in the afternoon and paid the €5 charge however my little one wanted to visit the playground again before we departed. It opens at 10am so we weren't planning on leaving until 12pm. I had to pay another €5 for the privilage of using the playground for a hour that morning before we left. €10 for one child in additional charges to use the playground for less than 24 hours is ridiculous. If families with two or more children were staying here it would work out incredibly expensive to use the playground. I know football is included but the little ones I saw using the playground were too young to play football.

I'm sure that a large proportion of this campsites clientele is returning customers. As this playground has only opened in July, many of them with young children will not be aware of this charge and be extremely peeved about it. I overheard many parents in the playground giving out about it. While the playground has 2 fabulous mainframe climing areas with rope bridges and twisty slides etc my little one loved, apart from that there is only a red rope large climbing pylon (for big kids) and two high tunnel slides. There is a lazy river kids can get in but I didn't see it used much and it was just ok. I really don't think the daily cost to use this playground can be justified.

Cop on Hidden Valley Owners and drop this ridiculous charge. Or at least reduce it....its far too expensive. Otherwise you are spoiling what is otherwise a very nice campsite.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family