“Great Experience”

Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Fall River
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2014

We were visiting Dartmouth and drove out to meet friends for breakfast here as they were staying at the Inn. We are really glad we did. The waitress was very friendly and up-beat. We all liked her right away. She was also a real pro as a waitress. The food was excellent. I had an omelet. You choose your ingredients so you get exactly what you want. The fried potatoes (which I usually pass on) may have been the best breakfast potatoes I have ever had. The only downside of eating here was that we wanted to drive out there every morning for the rest of our stay in Dartmouth.

susannelson, Owner at Encore @ Inn On The Lake, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2014

Dear Canada_Reals,

It is especially nice when someone takes time out of their day to write such kind remarks - Thank you for reviewing our restaurant. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your breakfast and were pleased with the service. We look forward to having you as our guest again should you ever come out this way in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Best seafood chowder ever as a starter and then it just keeps going and going. Great main dishes and the desserts are to die for. If lived closer would definitely eat there more.

Dear Dawn R,

We would like to thank you for also writing a review on our restaurant in addition to your hotel review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to write about your hotel and dining experience. We will pass along your compliments and we hope to have you as our guest again in the future.

With Many Thanks,

Reviewed August 20, 2014

A group of retirees recently met at Inn on the Lake for lunch. We had been there before and wanted to return, and we tend to be fussy about food. It was a partly cloudy day, but still a fovely day at the lake shore inn and restaurant. You can sit outside on the patio, inside at tables or in a side room. Wines are excellent quality, and food offerings are varied and interesting. Some had deserts, and most had good coffee. Considering the numbers involved, service was prompt, and we were able to converse, except those at opposite ends of the long table were fairly isolated from one another. Breakfast, lunch and super are available to guests and visitors alike. The restaurant can be accessed from Waverly road, which makes for a picturesque drive along lakes and woodlands. All together a very pleasant summer's outing.

Dear Ronald C,

We appreciate the time you took to let us know about your dining experience. Thank you for sharing your kind comments, we are delighted to know you had an enjoyable summer’s outing and we will be sure to pass your review along to the dining room and kitchen team. We hope to have the chance to serve your group again in the future.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

I chose this restaurant based on reviews and it was our last meal in Nova Scotia as we moved toward the airport. It was a Sunday and the restaurant had just opened. I found the decor dark so we chose to sit outside although it wasn't really warm. I was disappointed with the menu, thought it would be more local or interesting. It was basically brunch items and sandwiches with fries. The service was so slow and although the waitress was friendly, we sat a long time unattended and our meal took forever and simply wasn't worth the wait. I went to the restaurant inside to pay (couldn't wait any longer for the bill to be delivered), no one asked how the meal was - I regret not asking to speak to someone because I felt angry having to give this restaurant the money they felt their food and service on this day, was worth.

1  Thank Kathie C

Dear Kathie C,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am sorry to read that we did not meet your dining expectations.

I would appreciate your further assistance to address these issues:

• When were you here and what time did you dine,
• What did your party order, and
• Do you recall who served you or can you describe your server?

We welcome all feedback. Your assistance in identifying any quality or service issues is greatly appreciated. Our mission is to ensure guests enjoyed their experience at the Inn on the Lake and return many times.

Yours truly,

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I would like to thank you for the incredible meals we had during our stay in August 2014. I would have to say, although hard to choose, the Seafood Chowder was my favorite this stay. I would have licked the bowl if I wasn't in public, my partner suggested it might not be a good idea at the time. :). It is our second time in the past two years that we have stayed at the Inn on the Lake and have recommended it numerous times to our friends and family. We will return!

One note although, there was a woman behind the desk when we checked in and I found her a little rude. I hate to even mention it as I never saw her again after that day, but I know that honest criticism is what any business owner would like to have. Aside from that however, I love the friendly staff, incredible food and exceptional cleanliness. Hats off to you all and see you again soon.

Dear Dawn G,

Thank you so much for the generous praise about our Seafood chowder! We appreciate your kind words and will pass them along to our team. In regards to your comment about the front desk attendant, please be assured we will remind our front desk team to be a little more courteous and friendly – we apologize for this. We are pleased to know that this hasn’t deterred you from returning to the Inn and we truly look forward to seeing you on your next stay.

Warmest Regards,