“Nice Restaurant and setting”

Encore @ Inn On The Lake
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Fall River
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Truro, Canada
“Nice Restaurant and setting”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This Restaurant has a nice setting along the shores of the Shubenacadie canal system. It was a great setting for a Father's Day dinner. i enjoyed the bangers and mash potatoes. The cobb salad was wonderful and a must have for anyone. I would like to see a little lobster with the surf and turf to juice it up and for the price. The tip is included in the bill so keep that in mind when it comes to tip time. The staff were just great and very pleasant. Desserts were nice and certainly nice to share. Overall a very pleasant place to share a special occassion or just great dining.

Matthews, North Carolina
“On the Road - YET - a Memorable Lunch”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Arrived in Halifax, and with the recommendation of the Budget Car Rental attendant, stopped by the inn on the way to Wolfville. What a beautiful setting by the lake AND a scrumptious meal. From the crunchy 'fish & chips' entree to the delightful chicken & mushroom crepe, everyone's meal was perfectly prepared and tantalizing to the taste buds! Service was exceptional - in a dining room that was locally appointed. Area artisans' wares were featured in the gift area and provided enticements for take-home gifts. A stop definitely to put on your agenda!

Halifax, Canada
“Nice meals attractively presented but don't order sherry”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

It was a cold and drizzly Sunday. I had visions of a nice, warming little glass of dry sherry before my meal as I drove to Inn on the Lake for lunch with my book club. I caused confusion. Apparently sherry isn't served this way - it was offered with ice. When it came it was in a tumbler - no quaint little sherry glass with a stem, and it was sweet. Guess it is a cultural cross-over that didn't make it from Oxford to Nova Scotia, nor from Johannesburg.

Nonetheless, the meal was delicious - I had the Atlantic haddock. The veggies were done to perfection. Others in my group were also more than satisfied with their orders - between the lot of us we tried most of the items on the menu, it seems. Pricey though.

Edmonton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Evening at the Inn on the Lake”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Family members (6) met at the Inn on the Lake in Fall River, Nova Scotia.

We had excellent meals perfectly prepared and served hot. Everyone agreed that this was an evening we will remember for a long time.

I recommend to everyone to consider the Inn on the Lake as a possibility for your evening in the Halifax area.

Ernest

• Visited May 2014
susannelson, Owner at Encore @ Inn On The Lake, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Ernest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Encore on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate the feedback and we will pass along your comments to the staff. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Ron Nelson
Innkeeper
Fall River, Canada
“Special place for us, catering to my dietary restrictions”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We have found Encore to be a consistently fine restaurant. I personally have to eat gluten free and dairy free and have always been so well attended to. When I first made my dietary restrictions known to the staff, the chef, Mark, came to our table offering to prepare a dessert that I could eat. A few days later I received a call asking me to come in for a taste test. The dessert was amazing, and I return frequently to enjoy it. ( following a gluten free/dairy free meal that is always delicious!)
My husband and I are always made to feel so welcome when we arrive. The ambiance is very warm and inviting. The service is always excellent and we have no complaints whatsoever. Always a truly enjoyable experience!

• Visited April 2014
susannelson, Owner at Encore @ Inn On The Lake, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear marilyn m,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on us. We understand the challenges some may have with finding gluten & dairy free options and we are happy that we can help those that have this dietary restriction. Most of our menu can be made gluten free and we are pleased to hear that you have been attended to by the staff. Thank you again for such a nice review. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Ron Nelson