“On the Road - YET - a Memorable Lunch”

Encore @ Inn On The Lake
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Fall River
Cuisines: Canadian, American, Bar, Pub, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Matthews, North Carolina
“On the Road - YET - a Memorable Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

Arrived in Halifax, and with the recommendation of the Budget Car Rental attendant, stopped by the inn on the way to Wolfville. What a beautiful setting by the lake AND a scrumptious meal. From the crunchy 'fish & chips' entree to the delightful chicken & mushroom crepe, everyone's meal was perfectly prepared and tantalizing to the taste buds! Service was exceptional - in a dining room that was locally appointed. Area artisans' wares were featured in the gift area and provided enticements for take-home gifts. A stop definitely to put on your agenda!

• Visited June 2014

Halifax, Canada
“Nice meals attractively presented but don't order sherry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

It was a cold and drizzly Sunday. I had visions of a nice, warming little glass of dry sherry before my meal as I drove to Inn on the Lake for lunch with my book club. I caused confusion. Apparently sherry isn't served this way - it was offered with ice. When it came it was in a tumbler - no quaint little sherry glass with a stem, and it was sweet. Guess it is a cultural cross-over that didn't make it from Oxford to Nova Scotia, nor from Johannesburg.

Nonetheless, the meal was delicious - I had the Atlantic haddock. The veggies were done to perfection. Others in my group were also more than satisfied with their orders - between the lot of us we tried most of the items on the menu, it seems. Pricey though.

• Visited June 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“Great Evening at the Inn on the Lake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Family members (6) met at the Inn on the Lake in Fall River, Nova Scotia.

We had excellent meals perfectly prepared and served hot. Everyone agreed that this was an evening we will remember for a long time.

I recommend to everyone to consider the Inn on the Lake as a possibility for your evening in the Halifax area.

Ernest

• Visited May 2014
susannelson, Owner at Encore @ Inn On The Lake, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Ernest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Encore on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate the feedback and we will pass along your comments to the staff. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Fall River, Canada
“Special place for us, catering to my dietary restrictions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

We have found Encore to be a consistently fine restaurant. I personally have to eat gluten free and dairy free and have always been so well attended to. When I first made my dietary restrictions known to the staff, the chef, Mark, came to our table offering to prepare a dessert that I could eat. A few days later I received a call asking me to come in for a taste test. The dessert was amazing, and I return frequently to enjoy it. ( following a gluten free/dairy free meal that is always delicious!)
My husband and I are always made to feel so welcome when we arrive. The ambiance is very warm and inviting. The service is always excellent and we have no complaints whatsoever. Always a truly enjoyable experience!

• Visited April 2014
susannelson, Owner at Encore @ Inn On The Lake, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear marilyn m,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on us. We understand the challenges some may have with finding gluten & dairy free options and we are happy that we can help those that have this dietary restriction. Most of our menu can be made gluten free and we are pleased to hear that you have been attended to by the staff. Thank you again for such a nice review. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Dartmouth
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No Encore For Us.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Visited April 6 for a good friend's birthday, were put in a cold side room, at least twenty minutes to take order, food came quickly and was OK, nothing special, no offers of extra coffee (or anything). Waitress/hostess (same person) was blunt/short with us all along, when we asked for more coffee at less than an hour after arriving she informed us that other customers were waiting in the lobby for our table (in other words get out), while the rest of the restaurant was basically empty. The rudest service any of us of have ever experienced.

• Visited April 2014
susannelson, Owner at Encore @ Inn On The Lake, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Dave G,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am sorry to read that we did not meet your parties’ dining expectations on the 6th April.

There is a saying “No good deed goes unpunished” and unfortunately, this experience is a reflection of that saying.

As I understand, your group was a walk in to Encore around 11:00 AM on a Sunday morning that we were very busy with an unexpectedly large number of walk ins and reservations. At that time there were no clean tables and no empty seats left large enough to fit your group with the exception of our small private dining room. That room was already pre-booked for another group reservation at 12:00 PM. The waitress wanted to accommodate you so she put you in the private dining room hoping there was enough time for you to complete your meal before the next group arrived – there wasn’t. In hindsight she made a bad call. She should have apologized and explained we were fully booked upon your arrival.

Your server was overwhelmed with the volume of walk ins and it impacted her normally friendly and attentive service. I have spoken with her about this and she is very sorry.

This was an exception, we pride ourselves on our proficient and friendly service and hope you give us a second chance to serve you in the future.