“Great Evening at the Inn on the Lake”

Encore @ Inn On The Lake
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Fall River
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Family members (6) met at the Inn on the Lake in Fall River, Nova Scotia.

We had excellent meals perfectly prepared and served hot. Everyone agreed that this was an evening we will remember for a long time.

I recommend to everyone to consider the Inn on the Lake as a possibility for your evening in the Halifax area.

Ernest

susannelson, Owner at Encore @ Inn On The Lake, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear Ernest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Encore on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate the feedback and we will pass along your comments to the staff. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We have found Encore to be a consistently fine restaurant. I personally have to eat gluten free and dairy free and have always been so well attended to. When I first made my dietary restrictions known to the staff, the chef, Mark, came to our table offering to prepare a dessert that I could eat. A few days later I received a call asking me to come in for a taste test. The dessert was amazing, and I return frequently to enjoy it. ( following a gluten free/dairy free meal that is always delicious!)
My husband and I are always made to feel so welcome when we arrive. The ambiance is very warm and inviting. The service is always excellent and we have no complaints whatsoever. Always a truly enjoyable experience!

susannelson, Owner at Encore @ Inn On The Lake, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear marilyn m,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on us. We understand the challenges some may have with finding gluten & dairy free options and we are happy that we can help those that have this dietary restriction. Most of our menu can be made gluten free and we are pleased to hear that you have been attended to by the staff. Thank you again for such a nice review. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Visited April 6 for a good friend's birthday, were put in a cold side room, at least twenty minutes to take order, food came quickly and was OK, nothing special, no offers of extra coffee (or anything). Waitress/hostess (same person) was blunt/short with us all along, when we asked for more coffee at less than an hour after arriving she informed us that other customers were waiting in the lobby for our table (in other words get out), while the rest of the restaurant was basically empty. The rudest service any of us of have ever experienced.

susannelson, Owner at Encore @ Inn On The Lake, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Dave G,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am sorry to read that we did not meet your parties’ dining expectations on the 6th April.

There is a saying “No good deed goes unpunished” and unfortunately, this experience is a reflection of that saying.

As I understand, your group was a walk in to Encore around 11:00 AM on a Sunday morning that we were very busy with an unexpectedly large number of walk ins and reservations. At that time there were no clean tables and no empty seats left large enough to fit your group with the exception of our small private dining room. That room was already pre-booked for another group reservation at 12:00 PM. The waitress wanted to accommodate you so she put you in the private dining room hoping there was enough time for you to complete your meal before the next group arrived – there wasn’t. In hindsight she made a bad call. She should have apologized and explained we were fully booked upon your arrival.

Your server was overwhelmed with the volume of walk ins and it impacted her normally friendly and attentive service. I have spoken with her about this and she is very sorry.

This was an exception, we pride ourselves on our proficient and friendly service and hope you give us a second chance to serve you in the future.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

My husband took me to Encore - Inn on the Lake for my Birthday and, as always, the restaurant was truly enjoyable. The food is consistently good and our server, Bre, was very attentive. She was very knowledgeable about the specials. There is a nice wine selection and we are happy to recommend this establishment.

susannelson, Owner at Encore @ Inn On The Lake, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Sisters2,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I’m very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable birthday dinner. I will pass your comments along to the staff. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Around the middle of December our Brunch Club went to the Encore Restaurant at Inn on the Lake. We were a party of 19 and as far as could tell we all really enjoyed our Christmas Dinner and our server was fantastic. She had everything under control from start to finish and all of our group had a marvellous time.

susannelson, Owner at Encore @ Inn On The Lake, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Phil F,

Thank you very much for taking some time to write a review on us. I’m very pleased to read that everyone had a great Christmas dinner. Thank you for your nice comments, I will be sure to pass them along to the team.