“Don't go in wedding/grad season!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Encore @ Inn On The Lake

Encore @ Inn On The Lake
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Fall River
Cuisines: Canadian, American, Bar, Pub, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Winnipeg
“Don't go in wedding/grad season!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

It is hard to tell if this would be a good restaurant in normal times. It is definitely not a good place if an event is booked (wedding, grad ...).

Our server took our orders, brought us wine and announced freshly baked bread was coming. Minutes later, maybe seconds, our orders appeared, lukewarm at best. The seafood crepe was well past its best before date; no way it had been made less than 2 hours previous.

And then we were ignored. The bread never appeared. Staff were busy with more important people, I guess.

The hotel is clean and quiet and has friendly, efficient staff. Go for the hotel. But eat somewhere else if you suspect there is an event booked.

(But the stained glass is nice, so 4 stars for atmosphere.)

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
susannelson, Owner at Encore @ Inn On The Lake, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear btfsplk

Thank you for the kind words regarding the Inn, staff and atmosphere.

Three years ago we expanded our kitchen to avoid wedding, graduations, etc. negatively impacting our regular diner’s experiences. Special occasions are now served from a second kitchen by culinary team and servers that are just dedicated to that function. There should have been no impact on your service from the wedding.

The seafood filling was prepared two days earlier and wrapped in the crepe and heated at the time of service. It is a very popular dish and usually receives great reviews.

There is no excuse for your meal being served lukewarm or the server forgetting your bread. I wish you would have notified us of your concerns while you were in the restaurant so we could have corrected the shortfall. Our policy is to replace a guests’ meal or write it off if they are not happy with the quality of the dish.

I do hope you give us another chance to be of service.

Yours truly

Halifax, Canada
“Encore no more”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We go back hoping that the only place to eat in Fall River, will improve. After 2 years of consistently poor food, We give up! "Encore" will not be an encore for us.
My husband had the Curried Chicken. The chicken was overcooked and tough, the Basmati Rice, crusty and cold. The vegetables where out of a bag, industrial and tasteless.
I chose the special, a Seafood Mango Salad. The description was 'like a Spinach Salad with seafood and mango". I thought I had been served the wrong dish. A pink cream sauce laden dish with a few leaves of Bib Lettuce, was placed in front of me. I discovered there were indeed a couple of pieces of spinach under the sea of sauce. Seafood? Two shriveled mussels on the side, and 3 little not fresh shrimp. Mango diced the size of pine nuts and sparse.
Melanie was our server, and she was wonderful. Comment card completed, we paid and left.

1 Thank OLIVEOILADDICT
Dear OLIVEOILADDICT

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed Melanie’s service.

The curried chicken from the menu is one of our most popular dishes; we serve over 100 each month and have been doing so for three years. Yours is the first complaint I’ve heard.

The appetizer seafood salad special consisted of bib lettuce, spinach, sliced endive, diced celery and mango, baby shrimp, baby scallops and lobster. It was garnished with two mussels and chives and served with tomato & lemon aioli. We served twenty of the appetizers. Yours was the only negative review we received. In fact, a number of diners I spoke to raved about how much they enjoyed it.

Neither Melanie nor any of the other staff recall you complaining about the food.

I do wish that you had brought your concerns to our attention so we could have remedied the situation while you were here.

I understand a new French Bistro will soon open just down the road from the Inn – perhaps you should favour them with your patronage in the future.

Yours truly
Saskatoon, Canada
“Great Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Inn and ate at the restaurant on Tuesday, June 4/13. Had mussels as appetizer and halibut with lobster sauce for main meal. Excellent lobster sauce.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
susannelson, Owner at Encore @ Inn On The Lake, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear King1557,

Thank you for the kind words on the muscles & halibut. I’m glad you enjoyed our food.

Halifax, Canada
“Nice Pub, Great Local Beer Selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Mu buddies and I dropped in after a paddle and had a good meal and impressive choice of local beers. Our waitress was efficient, but not real friendly. The food was good and reasonably priced

Visited May 2013
susannelson, Owner at Encore @ Inn On The Lake, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear P W,

Thank you for your kind review.

I have reminded wait staff that customers pay our salaries and they are the only reason we have prospered in the hospitality industry for the past 27 years.

In the future you should be greeted with a smiling face and friendly service.

Halifax, NS
“Relaxation, Food & Drink”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Went out for food and drinks Friday night
Great service, quiet and relaxing, we will be back
The food was o.k.nothing really to complain about, but the
Chef needs to take it to the next level, they are just about there
Just a little more thought has to go onto the plate.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
susannelson, Owner at Encore @ Inn On The Lake, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear mamalowe,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I’m pleased you had a relaxing dinner with great service. We are currently working on some menu changes for the restaurant. I will pass on your comments to our kitchen team, and please do check back with us again in the near future.