“Charming Atmosphere”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Halifax, Canada
“Charming Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We had dinner yesterday for our wedding anniversary and enjoyed it immensely. The dining room is small and beautifully arranged and the service was outstanding. Our meals (haddock with lobster sauce and seafood casserole) were beautifully cooked and presented, if a little bland for our taste. A little more spice is needed in our opinion. The prices are very reasonable and the atmosphere so pleasant that we would recommend it to anyone.

• Visited September 2012

Fall River, Canada
“Good fall river classic”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Extensive menu. Really only restaurant serving the fall river area which is surprising. Breakfast is best.

Visited June 2012
Charlottetown, Canada
“Outstanding Service, Food and Accomodation”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We had the occasion to spend one night here in June. Marina at reception greeted us warmly and promptly informed us that we had been upgraded to a better room with a double jacuzzi tub. She also asked us if we were members of the Choice Hotel club because this would entitle us to a free breakfast. We filled out our membership form and received our vouchers for breakfast. We were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and found a small bottle of champagne and 2 chocolates in our room.

Dinner was in the Encore restaurant. The service was outstanding and the meals were wonderful. We started out with appetizers - I had the French Onion Soup and my husband had the Hot Shrimp. Both were excellent. For main courses, I had the Scotch Salmon and my husband had the seafood pasta. I was full after my main course but my husband opted for the coconut cream pie for dessert. We really could not say enough about how perfect the service and the meals were.
Our room was comfortable - we appreciated being able to park right outside the door and using the patio doors to unload and reload the car.
The king size bed was comfortable and the temperature controls of the room worked well, enabling us to sleep at a temperature that suited us without having to put up with noisy fans from the system.

Breakfast the next morning consisted of ham and eggs for my husband and yogurt, fruit and multigrain bagel for myself. Again, the service was outstanding and the food delicious!
I certainly highly recommend this place to anyone considering a stay or a meal there.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Claudetteth
Halifax
“Romantic”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Love this "wee" hide away just off the 102/118 interchange with stunning vistas on beautiful Lake Thomas . The turn of the century Empire Revival facade welcomes the wanderer inside to enjoy a delightful warm , cozy atmosphere. Whether the old English pub with dark warm wood , charming dining room featuring art glass or one of the private lounges, the food is always amazing ~ lovely fresh surprises with each visit . The staff , consistently friendly in true Maritime tradition. LOVE to enjoy a business lunch or celebrate a family occasion. In past years have booked the facility for a family wedding, staff four day conference, and many personal events made all the more special in this little "gem" of an Inn. Absolutely a "must see" at Christmas - takes you back ! NEVER been disappointed.

• Visited May 2012
WALLACE
“One of the best in Halifax.”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We have eaten at Inn on the Lake many times, most recently April 15 for an early dinner. We usually sit in Oliver's Pub but the menu is the same as Encore. I don't think we have ever been disappointed. The service is always very good. The atmosphere is cosy and warm. And the food is excellent. They take gluten free seriously and offer many choices (now marked on their menu) including Pizza. We often start our dinner with a salad and of course complimentary bread - AND here I am not left out as they bring me gluten free crackers! Thank you.

• Visited April 2012