“Educational”
Review of Bonnechere Caves

Bonnechere Caves
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Eganville
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Took members of my family to Eganville as my wifes family comes from this area. We decided to check out the Bonnechere Caves and we enjoyed every minute of our tour. Our tour guide was very friendly and made it enjoyable for the young adults with us. The guild was very knowledgeable and gave us lots of information as we went along. Very interesting

1  Thank Marc R

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I went when I was a kid in the mid 70's, and this year we went with our young adult children and a friend from Finland. Our tour guide was a young guy, but he was very knowledgeable and very funny - he seemed to enjoy his job. He made the tour interactive and fun. Loved to learn about the history of the caves, (as a Christian, don't believe in the 500 million year stuff), the founder and how the caves were discovered and made into a tourist attraction. Great way to spend a rainy day.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I LOVE the Bonnechere Caves. The first time I went was as a child in the mid seventies. Then, a few years back I went with a friend and loved it. This year I decided to take my teenager and 9 year old with a friend and his son for a trip to the caves! I love hearing about how the caves were discovered and learning about the area 500 million years ago! Seeing the fossils is also very cool! The cave has a boardwalk through it so it is easy to walk through, however, there are quite a few stairs to go up upon the exiting of the cave. I know I will return to this family owned and run destination!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Tour was interesting since it wasn't too far from my house (~90 min I think). Kids liked it even though there wasn't that much to see. Definitely not as nice as the caves I saw in the Monaco exotic garden but these are local and much older. I'll go again in a few years once the kids are older. Guide was trying a bit too much to be funny, I'm not sure if that was much better than having a serious guide. Found it a bit expensive.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Checked out the Bonnechere Caves on Labour Day weekend. It was a bit busy but it is a nice place to spend an hour or two. It's right beside the Bonnechere River (which initially carved out the cave system).

It's not a massive cave but does have fossils dating back 500 million years. The caves require a guided tour. The guides are young and enthusiastic and they help get everyone through the system easily.

Washroom is outhouse-style!

There are great views of the 4th chute on the river and an interesting path on the south side (the cave is on the north side).