“Great food as usual”

The Granary Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Eganville
Cuisines: German, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family restaurant specializing in Schnitzels and Canadian cuisine. Hours 7 days/week 11 AM to 20 PM.
Seville, Ohio
“Great food as usual”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

The wife and I went to the Granary twice during our 2 week Ontario vacation in cottage country. Both times the service was prompt and friendly. On the first trip I got my usual schnitzel and was pleased with my meal. The spouse had the rouladen and thought it a bit overdone and dry but tasty.

On the second trip she reverted to her usual schnitzel and was totally pleased. I had the brats and kraut for the first time. There were two huge brats. More than even I could eat. They were very tasty. The kraut was not as sweet as I prefer it but that's a matter of taste. I did think the spaetzel a bit tasteless with the mushroom gravy. But all in all, the meal was well worth the money and we will be returning next year.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Sarge92

“GREAT little Eganville and area foodery...”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Been there many times, and it is ALWAYs BUSY. Get A RESERVATION, OR STAND IN LINE.
Good food, friendly staff, great pricing, nice atmosphere...what am I missing here? NOTHING!!! EAT HERE!!!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank DiverDon
Cobden, Canada
“good service... and that is all.”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I found the servers to be excellent.

Unfortunately, the quality of production of this food- and the taste- were definitely not worth the price.
Nobody at my table liked or appreciated almost any part of their meal. We were all a little shocked at just how bad it tasted (and looked) and we expected more.... more and better food and a more classy presentation, given the prices.

Sad to report that this is the second worst restaurant I have eaten at in a few years.

If you want good schnitzel in ample portions with well-prepared side dishes then this place is not a good choice.

I can honestly and regrettably say that all of the food, and its presentation- especially given the price they charge- was terrible.

My condolences to the management.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank g00df00disg00d
Petawawa, Canada
“Sunday lunch”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Service was good except our server smelled like cigarette smoke. I was disappointed in our meal - fish and chips - fish had greasy, dark, rock hard batter on the outside - fries were like sawdust. Honey Dijon chicken sandwich - all bun and literally about a one ounce slice of flattened chicken - salad very plain. Schnitzel was good. Dessert - black forest cake with some greasy inedible topping - real cream should be used here. Lunch for four was $88 plus tip not the best value. I'll go up the highway to the Sands where the salads are fresh, sandwiches are creative and fries crisp and delicious. The art work on the walls is creepy and the bathrooms need a good scrub.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank neigele
452Elise, Owner at The Granary Restaurant, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
This review is rather dismaying. Our fish & chips are a big seller, our french fries are a national brand, all sandwiches are made with 5oz of meat (including the chicken), salad choices are available. The bathrooms are always kept spotless. When a patron is unhappy with their meal we encourage this matter to be discussed with the server immediately in order to rectify all concerns. Also promoting another establishment while knocking down another is not very ethical.
Pembroke Ontario
“Breakfast”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We have enjoyed oyr breakfast the the Granary. Just make sure you get there early on Sunday mornings.

• Visited September 2013