“It's okay..”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Staff very welcoming, decor nice and restaurant is clean. Buffet is okay, depending on the dishes that u like. They don't use canned veggies any more so that's good as far as taste goes. I've been to this restaurant a hand full of times but prefer Kao chinese in New Minas. It is by far worth the extra little drive :)

Reviewed April 7, 2014

My wife and I tried the Sun. night buffet. Little pieces of meat stuffed in big tasteless batter. The oil was too hot when cooking. Over cooked on the outside and raw inside. The sweet and sour sauce was red with no flavor. The egg rolls were shells stuffed with unseasoned hamburger. The whole meal was just disgusting. The only seasonings at the place is the salt and pepper at your table. Even ketchup couldn't save this food.The deserts were.the cheapest type a wholesaler has available. They even cut the one apple pie into about 10 pieces. All you can eat ice cream was a frozen rock, so you couldn't scoop much. The service wasn't bad, but than again no better than a fast food place. I've been all over the world. I've eaten at a lot of restaurants in over 50 years.This has to be one of the worst I've encountered.

1  Thank Bouncer_12
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My wife and I went out for a special birthday dinner and had high expectations. The service was excellent. The staff was extremely friendly and attentive. The restaurant was spacious, clean and the decor was nice.

However, the food in the buffet was horrible. Some food was either under or over cooked. Many dishes had little to no flavour. Others were way too salty. The plum sauce was watered down. I think the main problem was that food was left out too long. The fish, chicken and shrimp balls were overcooked and then became hard the longer they sat out. Changes to how the food is cooked and freshening up the buffet often would go a long way to solving these problems.

We did not order from the menu, that could be a different story.

A very very disappointing meal.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We have gotten take put and eaten in many times at the Kai Wing. I find the service to be exceptional and food very satisfying. I love their ginger beef, fish, scallops and chicken wings however:

I have lived in almost every province and a few States in the US and have never had better meat egg rolls. For these along you want to eat here. In Ontario I was sick of getting egg rolls stuffed with cabbage or saurkraut with bit of cat food. Whenever anyone from my military unit travelled to NS there would be dozens of orders from people for lobsters, egg rollls and donair meat.

The buffet is small but has all the best and main dishes you would want. Great chinese restaurant.

1  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I've gone there numerous times over the years, I've never had any complaints about the food they serve there. I usually have there buffet when I dine in.