“A Refreshing and Comfortable Stay”

Pomeroy Inn & Suites Chetwynd
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Chetwynd
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed here Last October 2013 for almost 1 1/2 months, Rooms are still great clean and smells good.. All the front desk are very accommodating and friendly especially "Elsie" she greet all the guest with a genuine smile and eye to eye contact it seems like she knows everybody and everybody like her.....The General Manager Vivian she is very helpful and attentive for what we need...Pomeroy Inn and Suites Chetwynd is my 2nd home "away from my home"... Highly Recommended to everyone who visits the Peace Region

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
PomeroyCHTGM, General Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites Chetwynd, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you so much for your great review on your recent stay at the Hotel. We thrive to ensure your stay here is not only great with your room but also with all the staff. We hope to see you again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Pomeroy Inn & Suites Chetwynd

Reviewed November 8, 2013

The front office staff- especially Elsie was very accommodating and extremely friendly, which made my stay very comfortable.Considering that I spent almost two months in the Peace Region of BC.
The room that I stayed in was very much like my own home.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for your recent review on your stay at the Hotel. I am glad to hear that staff are accommodating and friendly as we want all our guests stay to be the best we can provide. we value your home away from home experience to be something that All our Hotels want your stay to be. We look forward to seeing you again in the future at any one of our hotels.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have stayed at the Pomeroy in Chetwyn twice now and was pleasantly surprised both times. The rooms are spacious, with full kitchens and all the amenities you could think of. I noticed some of the reviews have noted some small "let downs", but the price is extremely reasonable and the friendliness of the staff more than makes up for any small irritations. The pool was working both times I stayed - even ventured down the waterslide and had great fun! The passage ways were clean. Yes, there was a bit of dirt and mud, but that is to be expected now that we are in fall / mud season. I also noticed about 20 or more brand new televisions in the lobby waiting to be installed the first couple of days we were there, so I think management is really trying to keep the standards high. The complimentary breakfast in the morning is amazing - it was quite busy while we were there, but we always had plenty of food and the coffee was flowing. For any business traveller, I would definitely recommend this hotel. I have stayed in other northern hotels before and this one definitely takes the cake (or should I say waffle?)! I cannot say enough about the staff, they are friendly, helpful and want you to have the best stay possible and it shows!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms have kitchenettes, but the rooms with king size beds are actually in a separate room withi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
PomeroyCHTGM, General Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites Chetwynd, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write us such a great review.I like hearing that guests are using our great amenities on the property such as the pool and hot tub and slide. Continental breakfast will soon be even bigger and better in the near future. We thrive to make each stay on our property to be the best home away from home experience we can give you.We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed here September 2013 for 2 nights

I actually stayed here about 6 months previous but now see that the hotel standards are sliding downhill

Rooms are still great, clean and tidy, however the duvets are lumpy (probably from washing them so often).

My room wasn't cleaned for day 2, went to reception and the girl said it's the second complaint about uncleaned rooms that day. Maybe a trend starting here I think.

Common passage ways are showing signs of wear and set in dirt, probably from all the contractors/mine workers using this hotel as home.

Has only one elevator which always seemed to be slow coming to my floor or the main level.

They do have customer appreciation night, during my stay it was pizza

Fire doors in the stairwell seem to be left open .. odd. The stairwell has been painted in patches and you can certainly see the patches.

Used to be a great hotel but I think the standards are falling.

Too bad on the house-keeping staff .. not cleaning a room will always get customer complaints.

I'll be staying at the Lakeview next time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank astromac866
PomeroyCHTGM, General Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites Chetwynd, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

First off I would like to thank you for taking the time to address your concerns on your recent stay, and to say sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. Our housekeeping policy is to go into every room every day unless there is a DND on the door. Hallways are done daily as our crews do bring in a lot of mud, even thou we do request they remove muddy footwear. Fire exit doors are checked regularly and have signs stating that if you go out to smoke please make sure you close the door behind you. Painting is something that is in the works we have started as we speak, weather and time permitting. I would like to have the chance to speak to you about a future stay and please be assured all your concerns are important to myself and the hotel. we always want your stay to be nothing but great. I am glad you were here to participate in our guest appreciation.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Relocating from Alaska to Washington and had the pleasure of spending one night at the Pomeroy. I'm not one that frequents hotels very often, but I have visited a variety of establishments over the years, and our stay at the Pomeroy was honestly a much better accommodation than I had expected. Reasonably priced for the size of the room, which turned out to be a suite with living/kitchen/bedroom. Very comfortable! Free continental breakfast (delicious!) included. All of the staff that we encountered - check-in, breakfast, housekeeping, check-out - were all as nice as family (good family, the kind you want to be around, and miss when they're gone). I would very much like to stay here again, should my travels take me through. Amenities are one thing, and it's certainly good to get what you pay for (which I feel we did), but I prefer good service. That kind of warmth is invaluable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank John I
PomeroyCHTGM, General Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites Chetwynd, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review. We really like the feedback from our guests, we share this with all our staff as well. I was very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and thought of us as family. We at the Pomeroy want each guests stay to be like you are family and its a home away from home experience. We hope to see you in the future , good luck on your new home.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We have been staying here every weekend and always have a problem.
Every week we are told the pool will be hopefuly be open next week. It has been one month and still no pool. Not that big of a deal but with children in a hotel that is a big deal to them. So we would instead take them to the very nice excersize room to burn some energy and the electrical outlets didn't work for equipment. Another stay and another problem, the tv wouldn't work. Again not a big deal unless you have kids that are stuck in a hotel on a rainy day with no pool. Other small problems also but they are all minor.
The staff is very friendly and accommodating. If the maintenance was better dealt with this would be an amazing stay. For now it is an over priced stay for the amount of inconveniences if you plan in bringing the kids along.
Another luggage trolly would be nice since the hotel is full most weekends. One trolly isn't enough.

• Stayed: July 2013
PomeroyCHTGM, General Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites Chetwynd, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your concerns on your recent stay . The pool is something I am working very hard on to ensure its re-opening as soon as possible. The issue is being dealt with, I myself would like to be able to contact you on the opening as soon as I can. Your other concerns are things are important as well that when notified we work as quickly as possible to make your stay the best it can be. Please feel free to call myself at anytime so that I can make your next stay a very pleasant experience for you and your family.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Hottest long weekend of the year so far and my son and I are stuck in our room because the pool is closed. That's right; the July first long weekend and their pool is closed. This has pretty much ruined what should have been a memorable weekend. I will never stay here again nor will I recommend this place.

I wonder if they'll cut me a discount when I check out tomorrow?

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank zoopdingle

Thank you for taking time to address the closure of the pool at the hotel, I would like to have you contact myself so that I may let you no when the pool is re-opened. I want to ensure you that everything is being done to re-open the pool as quickly as possible but sometimes is out of the hands of the hotel. Please feel free to call me so that I can give you an update on the re-opening. Our goal at the hotel is to make each and every stay a great stay.