Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
Priceline
Agoda.com
$75
View deal
Free cancellation until 12/16/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
Destinia.com
All reviews porto marina sea view cafes and restaurants aqua park very nice place special thanks pools activities vacation summer coast alot team services mr stuff
Selected filters
Reviewed June 5, 2010

I stayed in Porto Marina resort for one night, and it was a unique experience, wonderful place overlooking the Marina Yacht, and along the promenade of the marina there are alot of restaurants and cafes, the resort has a lot of services like shops, cinemas, banks, the weather was amazing, sunny and warm in the morning and the breathtaking beautiful scenery of the marina. there were few people on the private beach of the resort. in the evening I went to a coffee shop and it was a little bit cold and refreshing weather, and very little humidity.

Despite the overcrowding of reception by a group of people checking in at the same time, they served us a welcome drink at the lobby and in few minutes i got my keys and went to my suite, in a while i received my luggage

suite was in the ground floor overlooking the swimming pool, very relaxing wooden furniture, large bathroom with nice Jacuzzi and there are beautiful paintings hung on the walls, the resort itself is very colorful, the suite was superb, the service at the resort was very distinct, all resort's staff wanted to help and respond to all questions, They have a high sense of service, dinning buffet has a limited number of varities, but the taste was very nice

Date of stay: June 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank kouki_kouki
Reviewed August 19, 2009

I disliked this place so much I didn't even bother staying. It's inconceivably massive, with something like 10 or 12 huge buildings set around a massive man-made lagoon, with 'exclusive' villas taking up all the oceanfront real estate. The lagoon is stuffed to the gills with western restaurants and brand-name stores, like Chilis and worse, around a cheesy fake venetian lagoon complete with fake gondolas. Despite all the construction it's actually hard to find a place to swim. The rooms are average at best, and very expensive for what you get. I honestly can't think of a worse place to spend a beach holiday. Totally revolting. The worst thing of all is that they've built the whole place on top of the only partially-excavated ruins of an ancient Greek/Roman city. Shameful.

Date of stay: July 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank cairo_guy
Reviewed January 28, 2009

Reviewer: Dr Khatwa, Wales, UK
booked 4 days in this hotel with my wife and my 2 kids ( 3 yrs and 1year). first of all the front desk manager was quite abrupt and unhelpfull. the staff were unfreindly and waitng to be tipped before getting the work done. our room was on the second floor and the lifts were not working and i had to carry my son's push chair up the stairs!! after I complained about the room they changed it to another room which was full of mosquitos and flies. the food was disgusting. the outdoor swiming pool was not heated and my children were shivering from cold. I've tried to use the indoor heated pool (as mentioned on the hotel web site). I was told that children are not allowed to use the heated pool, only adults are allowed to use it ( possibly adults will feel the cold more than children!!!!). I tried to talk reson with the abrupt front desk guy but it was like talking to a stone wall. so I demanded to talk to the general manager but he was in a meeting for about 6 hours!!!. I only stayed for one night and I cancelled the rest of the hoilday.
I have been to many hotels and resorts in Europe, USA and Egypt. this resort was defenitly my worst experience ever.

Date of stay: May 2008
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Khatwa
Reviewed December 3, 2008

Wonderful hotel in the nourth cost greet service nice food Romantic place clea sea and quality services The only problem is location and cost of services provided .

Date of stay: October 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Hamad A
Reviewed May 10, 2008

This Hotel is a real big project. My rating is linked to summer season. The hotel will be in full action only this summer, starting mid-June 2008. It has three swimming pools, a theatre, a shopping mall, and a Spa center. It is located in the center of a long beach village called "Marina Al-Alamein" which has thousands of villas and challet's. The whole village is well known in Egypt to be the "Ellite" summer vacation place to stay in during summer time. In summer time you can stay 24/24 hours awake, not wanting to go to bed. Everything is in action in the area, including water sports, celebrations, restaurants, dancing parties, open air facilities,...you name it. If you are in the hotel, you can enjoy all this just out of the hotel borders. The hotel itself has its own palm beach, with a ferry takes you to it on the other bank of the water marina. Also it has its own series of restaurants, and a golf course which I think will be ready for players this summer as well. during the rest of the year you are almost limited to the hotel amenities and golf course. I was there in December 2007. It was such a romantic experience.

Date of stay: May 2008