“PLZ DON'T GO THERE..... IT IS A BIG FAKE”

and 1 more site!
Porto Marina Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in El Alamein
Doha, Qatar
“PLZ DON'T GO THERE..... IT IS A BIG FAKE”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The flats or those hotel apartments need to be renovated from A~Z. the location and weather is amazing but those flats which should be hotel apartments or serviced apartments are out of ranking or even to be ranked in 3~5 stars hotel. reception staff needs full training to understand how to deal with a customer!! Imagen that they were chatting together about something while i'm standing there waiting to get an answer for my inquiry. house keeping doesn't care about you if you slept late or early. they will your door to wake you up and check if you need house keeping or not at 9:00am. this because of the fact that those apartments doesn't have signage for "DON'T DISTURB" like any respectful 5 stars hotel!!! i was paying more than $300 per night at those flats. down there at swimming pool area, they have dedicated swimming pool for owners of flats and apartments which next to hotel and serviced flats guests, and if you step inside that swimming pool, a nice guy will come over and tell you this shocking fact, and asks you to leave to other swimming pools!!! OMG what is this? why they didn't put a signage there before you step and getting embarrassed in front of others??? why they didn't put a memo or notify at reception with this nice treatment!!!?? The funny thing happened with me that reception didn't accept to exchange for me Qatari Ryials to Egyptian pound !!! and when to accept my they called night shift auditor or accounts department, they refused and insisted not to accept it!! cleanness of common area is ZERO. finishing of common area is ZERO. This is the feedback of nice four days at PORTO MARINA - NORTH COAST

Room Tip: Try another hotel and don't spend your money on a big fake
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Ayman S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Hurghada, Egypt
Reviewed September 6, 2012

it`s really good hotel with really good friend and animation team very good you found them every where and i like the kids area clean room staff really very friendly and i will come buck next year ...................................................

Room Tip: see view room very good
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2012

who told me porto marina is a good place are lairs , because Porto is a fascinating resort ,
I enjoyed many spa treatments it was extremely nice, the place is really nice and clean ,but gym needs more machines any way staff is very friendly
i promise that i will come again & again and i will bring my friends with me ,

Room Tip: gym needs more machines
Reviewed August 28, 2012

the serves was good but the animation team was really so great specially Ahmed Magdy and Reko they were the best we enjoyed our time with them really and i wish to see them again next year isa ...........

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This review is on the spa at Porto Marina. Below are the details of my experience. I am not one to go out of my way to make bad reviews of anyone/any place. But this experience put me over the top to share.

I was looking for a moroccan hammam and hot stone massage treatment.
The receptionist told me their services are at a higher level than the Four Seasons and reassured me Id be happy. This was encouraging to pay 1050EGP. After I checked in it was unprofessionalism all the way:

1.5 star spa's hand you a robe, slippers, towel. I was handed a towel and left to guess where to go next for the steam room, in my own flip flop sandals that I have been walking in through throughout my trip.
2. I asked for a second towel as I did not want to sit in on bare tile in steam room (not hygienic in my view). The therapist looked at me like I was strange and made me explain why I wanted a second towel instead of satisfy the simple request. Very strange.
3. Therapists at 5 star spa's usually check in to make sure you are ok in a steam room. I had to leave the steam room and call out to the therapist (who was not in sight) to ask for water so I would not pass out. The therapist told me the spa did not have water! She told me she had to order a bottle from the hotel cafe near by.
4. The receptionist (or spa manager) came to the steam room area and sensed I was not happy, I told her usually a robe, slippers and water are provided, and given guidance through a spa for the first time. The manager apologized and provided me the robe/slippers and indicated they had filtered water!
5. I paid for the 45 minute hammam to which the receptionist told me over the 25 minutes "better" materials are used. When I asked my therapist what the difference was between the 25 and 45 minute treatment, she did not have an answer! I asked if a masque would be applied, and she said no! Confused, I indicated the receptionist said more better materials are used? She left me in the treatment room briefly then returned to tell me she will apply a chocolate masque.
6. Moroccan hammam technique begins with steam followed by application of black soap then steam for 10 minutes, then rinse and end with scrubbing and body masque. The therapist at this spa applied the morrocan soap and scrubbed at the same time. She insisted this was the way it is done and the key to removing skin is the special scrubbing glove, not the soap. The soap ladies is intended to soften the skin and prep it for scrubbing all the dead layers. I had a morrocan hamman in Morrocco, Dubai, Egypt and Amsterdam. All followed the same procedure. My skin did not peel during this treatment. I sat through rubbish.
7. the therapist had not timed my treatment properly and I was not able to have my hot stone massage (luckily) because I had an appointment.
8. At check out the spa manager asked me how the treatment went, I told her how I felt about my experience and that for the money it was not worth what I received. I told her I would not return, nor would I recommend the spa to anyone. Another lady had her own set of complaints at her check out. Nonetheless I left the therapist a tip as I felt this was her livelihood. I was still asked to pay the full amount of the treatment.
9. As I left completely dissatisfied that i had paid 470EGP for rubbish, the spa manager ran after me to tell me i did not pay for the bottle of water that was ordered from the nearby cafe. You can imagine the answer I gave her.

Room Tip: Use of the sauna and steam are the best options, otherwise you may risk wasting money on unsatisfact...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Miriam S
Alexandria
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The stay was lovely, the apartments are much comfortable than the hotel rooms itself.
The animation team was superb, the staff was lovely and very good to the people, the pools are clean, but they did tell us the pools are opened from 6am but after getting ready and well set for a dip at about 9am, we were told that the pool's wont be opened until its about 12pm and also we're not allowed to wear what we want to the beach, it was a rule to come by your swimming outfit, so this was depressing, but other than that, the trip was amazing...surely the best place for children to hang around and have fun! The place is so very lively at night...the crowd keeping moving until about 4:30 am, and it reduces!
Over all, the place was amazing! Surely a must visit! no doubt about us heading there again !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This place has the potential to be an excellent vacation destination. The beach is amazing which is opposite to the resort and you go there by a boat. The boat trip in itself is really nice, The room size was ok but it could be better. I think they need to upgrade the house keeping personel in order to take care of minor details that really make a difference, I recommend this place for families for a nice vacation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near El Alamein
Marseilia Aqua Park
Marseilia Aqua Park
#1 of 2 in El Alamein
Tivoli Dome- Hotels & Resorts

Been to Porto Marina Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!