“Porto Marina Hotel & Spa”

Porto Marina Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in El Alamein
Reviewed August 30, 2012

who told me porto marina is a good place are lairs , because Porto is a fascinating resort ,
I enjoyed many spa treatments it was extremely nice, the place is really nice and clean ,but gym needs more machines any way staff is very friendly
i promise that i will come again & again and i will bring my friends with me ,

Room Tip: gym needs more machines
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,296)

Reviewed August 28, 2012

the serves was good but the animation team was really so great specially Ahmed Magdy and Reko they were the best we enjoyed our time with them really and i wish to see them again next year isa ...........

Reviewed August 22, 2012

This review is on the spa at Porto Marina. Below are the details of my experience. I am not one to go out of my way to make bad reviews of anyone/any place. But this experience put me over the top to share.

I was looking for a moroccan hammam and hot stone massage treatment.
The receptionist told me their services are at a higher level than the Four Seasons and reassured me Id be happy. This was encouraging to pay 1050EGP. After I checked in it was unprofessionalism all the way:

1.5 star spa's hand you a robe, slippers, towel. I was handed a towel and left to guess where to go next for the steam room, in my own flip flop sandals that I have been walking in through throughout my trip.
2. I asked for a second towel as I did not want to sit in on bare tile in steam room (not hygienic in my view). The therapist looked at me like I was strange and made me explain why I wanted a second towel instead of satisfy the simple request. Very strange.
3. Therapists at 5 star spa's usually check in to make sure you are ok in a steam room. I had to leave the steam room and call out to the therapist (who was not in sight) to ask for water so I would not pass out. The therapist told me the spa did not have water! She told me she had to order a bottle from the hotel cafe near by.
4. The receptionist (or spa manager) came to the steam room area and sensed I was not happy, I told her usually a robe, slippers and water are provided, and given guidance through a spa for the first time. The manager apologized and provided me the robe/slippers and indicated they had filtered water!
5. I paid for the 45 minute hammam to which the receptionist told me over the 25 minutes "better" materials are used. When I asked my therapist what the difference was between the 25 and 45 minute treatment, she did not have an answer! I asked if a masque would be applied, and she said no! Confused, I indicated the receptionist said more better materials are used? She left me in the treatment room briefly then returned to tell me she will apply a chocolate masque.
6. Moroccan hammam technique begins with steam followed by application of black soap then steam for 10 minutes, then rinse and end with scrubbing and body masque. The therapist at this spa applied the morrocan soap and scrubbed at the same time. She insisted this was the way it is done and the key to removing skin is the special scrubbing glove, not the soap. The soap ladies is intended to soften the skin and prep it for scrubbing all the dead layers. I had a morrocan hamman in Morrocco, Dubai, Egypt and Amsterdam. All followed the same procedure. My skin did not peel during this treatment. I sat through rubbish.
7. the therapist had not timed my treatment properly and I was not able to have my hot stone massage (luckily) because I had an appointment.
8. At check out the spa manager asked me how the treatment went, I told her how I felt about my experience and that for the money it was not worth what I received. I told her I would not return, nor would I recommend the spa to anyone. Another lady had her own set of complaints at her check out. Nonetheless I left the therapist a tip as I felt this was her livelihood. I was still asked to pay the full amount of the treatment.
9. As I left completely dissatisfied that i had paid 470EGP for rubbish, the spa manager ran after me to tell me i did not pay for the bottle of water that was ordered from the nearby cafe. You can imagine the answer I gave her.

Room Tip: Use of the sauna and steam are the best options, otherwise you may risk wasting money on unsatisfact...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Miriam S
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The stay was lovely, the apartments are much comfortable than the hotel rooms itself.
The animation team was superb, the staff was lovely and very good to the people, the pools are clean, but they did tell us the pools are opened from 6am but after getting ready and well set for a dip at about 9am, we were told that the pool's wont be opened until its about 12pm and also we're not allowed to wear what we want to the beach, it was a rule to come by your swimming outfit, so this was depressing, but other than that, the trip was amazing...surely the best place for children to hang around and have fun! The place is so very lively at night...the crowd keeping moving until about 4:30 am, and it reduces!
Over all, the place was amazing! Surely a must visit! no doubt about us heading there again !

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This place has the potential to be an excellent vacation destination. The beach is amazing which is opposite to the resort and you go there by a boat. The boat trip in itself is really nice, The room size was ok but it could be better. I think they need to upgrade the house keeping personel in order to take care of minor details that really make a difference, I recommend this place for families for a nice vacation.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

it was really nice days , i decided to go by a bus ( GO BUS) just 75 Le , it deliver you infront if the resort , nice receptionist , and helpful , nice room , try to get a sea view room it is better , swimming pools are woooow , restaurant was very nice and very good food , there is a bus going to the telephric station free , all the restaurant outside the hotel is very near , animation team is a very good team , alot of activities to kids generally it is the best in Elsokhna

Room Tip: try to choose a room next to reception with sea view
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2012

it is very important to be aware and very careful... the same agent who book your room will try to convince you to get an appartement instead of the standard hotel room. both are under different management and both are waaaaay different interms of service,
when we called we were a group of 5 people, and hence asked for two bedrooms one with extra bed.
the agent told us that the extra beds are not available and hence, he recommended three bedrooms one living room.

I wont describe all what we wont through as it would be a very long post, starting from waiting for the rooms for over 3 hours (because they are still doing house keeping!!) and upon arrival to the appartement it turned out not clean at all, and with food left for over a week and bad smell... two bedrooms instead of three and the list goes on,
in short, we were replaced with two bedrooms connected in the hotel, the hotel is fine a 4 stars hotel actually not 5 stars but waaaay better than the 1 stars with price of 5 stars appartements we were supposed to stay in.

Room Tip: do not stay in the appartements take standard room in the hotel and be careful not to be foolen by t...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank AMAA_2012
Yasser Y, Manager at Porto Marina Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay at Porto Marina. We appreciate that you took the time to share your valued feedback here on TripAdvisor which gives us the opportunity to monitor and continuously improve our services.

I can assure you that we will take proper action steps to ensure that our associates will be able to respond incident as such in a fast and more professional way.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time. Simply send an email to yasser.yahia@amer-group.com

With kind regards

#2 of 13 in El Alamein
No photo provided
Marseilia Beach 2
#4 of 13 in El Alamein

Been to Porto Marina Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!