“Ok......”

Osteria I Tre Compari
Reserve with
Osteria I Tre Compari is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 435 Restaurants in Massa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I don't like giving negative feedback so I'll try to be constructive. As other reviewers have said, the waiter/owner suggests meals for you from a very limited menu on a blackboard. We had a small board of cheeses and meats with bread which was delicious.

The main course was tasty but it was so expensive - we both had a pasta dish and they were 14 and 12 euros...… gulp. It was an Osteria and not a Restaurant.....

I was disappointed at the end of the meal when we were overcharged too..... I'm no mug and I always check the bill... No apology just took the extra money off.....

Hmmm.....

Real mixed feeelings on this one. It was tasty but overpriced and I dont take kindly to being ripped off whichever country I'm in.

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful location close to the old dome of Massa in pittoresque street. But unfortunately a place to avoid. Waiter/owner suggests to offer a great cuisine but what we got served was really not that great. The starter was described to us as a dish with four kinds of fish but turned out to be just a portion of couscous, a small toast with tiny haricot, codfish and a leaf or two of salad. Rather poor for 12 euros. The second plate.. well.. tasteless, bland and small portions. The waiter makes a big show but to us it was all mostly 'backed air, as we say in Dutch. Simple meals served as if they are exquisite plates. No menu was given to us, nor a price chart.

Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

The selling point is the service, which was personal and deserves 5* The food was 3.5* / borderline 4*, and we were not very impressed. Our dishes sounded great in the menu (octopus, two different pastas, a vegetarian dish starter), but frankly it was OK / mediocre. The price for 1 starter + 2 pastas + 1 main to share, with 1 glass of wine and some water = €65. Call us spoiled Londoners, but we're used to better value for money. Verdict: there is no 3.5*, and 4* is too high a score.

Reviewed November 6, 2016 via mobile

This, of Massa, is likely the best experiment, trying to present local food, such as fish from the local market, game coming from close-by mountains, Tuscan produces of short mileage, all with a spin towards the elaborate high cuisine standards. The Sardinian origins of some plates and wines are an indicator of the birthplace of the chef or at least of the ownership. All these individual aspects are of high potential, but somehow you are left with the doubt of what this place really aspire at. A switch to true high cuisine would probably mean less clients and a more elaborated offer, possibly with more Sardinia and less local mix. A step down to a true local osteria would leave the small space short of tables, and miss the point of being different from the local offer. Material, duh as fish or meats, vegetables and wines are all excellent, so we hope for a step up, with the advantage of nearby Forte dei Marmi or other seaside towns as a source of interested (and wealthy) clients. Prices are sort of high now, for the offer. Make the right move!

Reviewed September 16, 2016

It was the only cafe open at 14.00 on Saturday in August, but we didn't get disappointed, as service was perfect and food very nice (fresh pasta and great seafood), so the only тegative moment was that dishes were rather small size. And it's not cheap.