“Great restaurant!!!”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Cayman Islands
“Great restaurant!!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I am from Carrara and I am sorry I did not go before, we had a fantastic experience in a quiet night during the week. The place is small and fills up easily... Reservation is highly recommended!
The chef/owner came to us few times and he was super helpful and super accommodating. The maître was also very professional with a great knowledge of the food and the wines he was serving.
Food was excellent, the top of the night were the warm SeaBream Carpaccio over a bed of fresh porcini mushroom and the Crusted tuna steak.
I know in Italy is not easy to work at the moment but I am proud to see people working so hard to keep up and do it still with love... Good job guys!!! See you soon!

Visited July 2013

Italy
“Very special, do not miss it”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Well, I happened to dine at this restaurant firstly on a business dinner while attending a Fair in Carrara and decided to get back with my husband for a romantic private dinner.
The restaurant is in a small side street and you'll quite miss the entrance, as you can see from the pictures on TripAdv, it really is a "Purtunzin" that's to say a small-wooden-entrance-door, JFYI Ninan is the name of that part of the city.
The restaurant inside is quite small, there are just enough tables so you'd better book before going there. Cream walls, dark wooden ceilings and low lights and voices, all make for a cozy and luxurious atmosphere, the kitchen is upstars and dishes are brought down by a hidden lift the waiter manages. I strongly suggest the Menu at 31euro per person (excluding coffee) that changes according to the daily catch, it really is fantastic, if after the first two courses you'll think "I'll need a pizza afterwards" do not worry, after all the terrific fish you'll eat, you'll feel replete. If you choose à la Carte, I strongly counsel the entré "carpaccio di branzino sul letto di funghi porcini" (hot branzino on porcino mushrooms slices), and one of the very best tagliolini al nero di seppia I've ever eaten (cuttlefish ink black tagliolini pasta), fried shrimps and squids are also excellent and ... dry.
Sorry I got lost remembering, but the place is fabuluos for both a private or business dinner, just difficult parking in the narrow streets nearby so you could wander for a bit.

• Visited May 2012