“Probably the best sushi in Maisons Laffitte ”
Review of Toyama

OR
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed October 18, 2016 via mobile

We like this place quite a bit. Not too cheap but you get consistent quality in terms of the food and service. They offer 10% off on all takeout. The staff is friendly and attentive, they have chairs for kids and offer free welcome drinks to both adults and kids.

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed September 10, 2016

With great sorrow I have to revise my opinion of Toyama. I used to think it was one of the better in town.
Today my family took me to lunch there for my birthday. The salmon appetisers were oily and smelly. And I've been eating sushi for 50 years and had a Japanese wife.
Then a bug crawled across the table. we called over the waitress and showed her the cockroach which had slithered from under the bottle of soy sauce on the table. The waitress made a grab for the insect, trying to smash it on the table. The bug rolled off onto the floor. The waitress turned about and went to the next table.
I called over the manager. He said there never had been any cockroaches in the place. I told him four people just saw one on the table. The waitress denied she had seen it and tried to crush it. The manager accused us of making it up. We told him to cancel the meal, and give us a bill for what we had ate as appetisers.

They never apologised. They never said they were sorry. They offered no compensation for our disgusting experience. They did not even offer to change the table, though the restaurant was 2/3 empty.
They did nothing an intelligent, professional restaurateur would do in a similar experience.

Date of visit: September 2016
2  Thank Brianvdh
Reviewed July 22, 2016

Japanese food made by Japanese, fish always fresh, reasonably priced, both eat-in adn take-away is available.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed November 1, 2015

I'm a big fan of menu M14 which is quite cheap and very good. Delivery is efficient, and you can order on the internet.

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed September 3, 2014

Very popular restaurant. Delicious beef and chicken skewers, tuna sashimi and fried dumplings. Conveniently located. Order comes relatively quickly.
We went there about 5 times in 7 weeks. Quality is constant. The older serving staff is friendly. The other people working there, not so much...

Date of visit: August 2014