“Bland and boring”

Dining options: Dinner
Germany
“Bland and boring”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Had to eat at this restaurant three evenings in a row because I had booked a three-day package at the hotel which included half board. This was a mistake. Since I don't eat meat, I asked for vegetarian or fish options - unfortunately, there was not much variety and i ended up eating almost the same thing every night. One night, there was a buffet - unfortunately, most of the hot dishes were already cold, and almost all side dishes (potatoes etc.) included meat or bacon. Staff were friendly but stressed since one person has to handle the entire dining room. Therefore, I always waited for ages for the next course. The waiter kept asking me if I wanted the next course "immediately" and seemed put off when I said yes. Immediately meant waiting for 20 minutes, wouldn't imagine how long the usual waiting time was! The food in general was a bit old-fashioned, bland with lots of sauce on everything.

• Visited December 2013