Ohtels Campo de Gibraltar
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Miramar(La Linea de la Concepcion)
  • Free Internet
Hostal La Campana(La Linea de la Concepcion)
View Hotel
AC Hotel La Linea(La Linea de la Concepcion)
  • Pool
Apartamentos Turisticos Aureus Bahia Sur(La Linea de la Concepcion)
  • Pool
La Redonda(San Roque)
View Hotel
NH Campo de Gibraltar(Los Barrios)
Hotel Mirador(Algeciras)
1,336 results
All reviewsminute walkjunior suitebuffet dinnerlots of choicecampo de gibraltarbuffet stylehalf the priceper daycrossing the bordertea and coffee making facilitieslarge roomtapascable carnice balconypastriesten minutesmini fridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed here last week on a 1 night stopover to visit Gibraltar as it was much cheaper than inside Gib. It was fine for 1 night but wouldn't have wanted to stay any longer. The room was nice enough (only thing to complain about but we didn't bother was the room safe did not work) but very basic & nothing like the pictures online.
We had booked a double room, which turned out to be 2 single beds pushed together, bedding made separately.

Breakfast was buffet style, lots on offer, English Breakfast was nice enough but nothing special.

La Linear itself is very run down & wouldn't advise walking around at night from Gib, definitely worth a taxi.

One good thing, they did have a secure underground car park for 6 euros per night.

Room Tip: We stayed in 441 which although had no view of Gib, as a corner room it did have a balcony around the edge of building & you could at least get some sun in the morning.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed for one night to facilitate a quick visit to Gibraltar. We arrived via a service bus from Marbella which terminated in the bus station about 400 metres away from the hotel.
The hotel is fairly modern and in a decent area. It is about ten minutes walk to Gibraltar with great views of the rock. (If walking back from Gib. late at night consider staying on the main road and not going through the short cut through the 'estate' which may feel a bit safer although we weren't bothered by anyone.)
The rooms are spacious and our had a view of the rock from the side from the balcony. The room was of a very good standard as was the bathroom.
The staff were friendly at breakfast and a reasonable spread was offered in a buffet style.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Good value and good location. Cheaper than staying on Gib!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Just had 2 nights in the Asur, La Linea. Very happy with the room, nice and warm during poor weather. Breakfast was ok, but evening meal seemed uninspiring. There was no evening buffet (which we prefer) but a la carte instead which was not to our taste.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David A
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights half board on a really good deal via Booking.com. Although the room had 2 singles rather than a double bed it was comfortable, great views and a balcony. The first day we went for our evening meal there were so few people staying at the hotel we got a choice from the Menu Del Dia and everything we had was lovely. After that the breakfast and evening meals were buffet - with lots of choice! I was quite pleasantly surprised at how good the food was I have to admit! The staff were friendly and this hotel is ideal for a little walk into Gib! Asked for the Wi-fi code and that worked fine. We didn't get many channels on the TV but to be honest we weren't too bothered about that! The pictures do flatter this place I admit but if you want something near the border that's clean, comfortable and cheery you can't go wrong.

Room Tip: All have a good view so don't worry too much about requesting a specific room. I would suggest looking at deal for half board rather than B&B though as excellent value for money!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eddie072_11
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I fail to understand how this hotel attained 4 stars? It’s rare that I read other reviews before visiting a hotel, but on reflection I have to agree with some of the contributors who described the hotel as a glorified youth hostel. Despite its outwardly grandiose appearance, the hotel is anything but inside. More to the point service is virtually non-existent in all aspects.

I booked this hotel as part of a flight/hotel package with British Airways and stayed for 4 nights room only. On booking in, I was initially impressed with the way the front office guy handled my booking, but was told he’d be putting me in a room at the side of the hotel, and if I wanted a room with a view of the Rock of Gibraltar, I’d have to pay an extra 7 euros a day. I declined the ‘offer’. Given the hotel was virtually empty during my stay, I consider the ‘upgrade’ to be merely a money grabbing exercise. The room was drab and the beds awful as was sleep quality. There was an old CRT type TV in the corner that had seen better days. Satellite channels were in mostly free-to-air Spanish. No BBC and CNN was hardly viewable. As part of this BA package, I was given a ‘double room for single use’. As ever, two single beds were put together. No way is this a double bed.

Information in the room was sparse apart from a single leaflet on meal times and the cost of each meal. There was no room service. If you wanted a coffee then you had to go down to the restaurant on the first floor and take it back to your room and was only available when the eatery was open. The corridors are dim and depressing. It reminded me in many ways of an Eastern block hotel, the type that I used to find in Russia and the former East Germany.

The front office staff were not so friendly either. On one occasion I went down to make an enquiry to find the front office clerk talking to his friend. I was totally blanked out for at least 5 minutes. I returned 10 minutes later to find them still chatting merrily away. I was again blanked out. I gave up in the end. Another night I came in to find no one at the desk. The phone was ringing and no one was there to answer it. The clerk was probably in the back room off the main reception.

When it came to checking out, I was hoping for a speedy checkout, but was sadly mistaken. First of all, I couldn’t get back into my room to collect my luggage. I was left waiting at the front desk for 10 minutes before they reprogrammed my key card. To be fair they were checking in a tour group, but didn’t seem to acknowledge my presence until I butted in made it known. It was only then one of them made an effort. When I said I’m going to miss my flight, I was told by one of the front office women that I should have given myself more time! Is this a new kind of customer service? They were horrid and totally unhelpful.

The bar consisted of a tiny bar in the corner of a very large room and on the two occasions I looked in, saw just two people sitting there. They happened to be the same two every time I looked in chatting away to no doubt their barman friend.

I got so bored in La Linea that I rented a car for 3 days. On return to the hotel was informed I could use the basement car park at cost – 7 euros a day. This is unusual for Spain as parking is usually free for hotel guests. It’s a clever move by the hotel as there are parking restrictions around the entire area with meter parking. It’s just another example of money grabbing in my view.

I would NOT recommend this hotel for anyone, except possibly a group of youths on a rave. It’s dated, drab and boring and the front office staff are sorely in need of customer service training. It’s poor value for money and I liken it to a 2 star at most. I will never stay there again. I’ll be letting the BA Exec Club know my comments as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Rock of Gib, but you'll be asked to pay a premium!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo