“Gold yeah, but where's the silver??”
Review of Gold

Gold
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
La Linea de la Concepcion, Spain
“Gold yeah, but where's the silver??”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Never order a takeaway from here....it's a a painful experience. First of all you're greeted on the phone by a guy with about as much charisma as a dead cat....'Hi, I would like to make an order please?' *uncomfortable silence*....'yes, what' ....and it goes on like that.. As well as lacking charisma, the guy was half deaf, almost certainly in the ear he was holding to the phone. It took me ten minutes to explain my address to him, PHO-NET-I-CALLY. So i'm already wound up, and it takes a lot to make me lose my appetite, but when the food arrived I handed over a 50 euro note for a 38 euro order...only to be told 'no cambio'! Begrudgingly, and with hungry, pissed up, curry-craving relatives eager to be fed, I took the food. A few days later, with my anger at Gold subsising and no desire to cook or leave the house as a result of a bad bout of flu I decided to give them another chance and ordered again. Equally painful ordering experience, food arrives, 14 euro order, hand over a 20 euro note, low and behold, 'no cambio'!!! It was 9pm, I had a fever, I had eaten a slice of marmite on toast all day - with a heavy heart I once again took the food. That's the last time though !!! Screw you Gold Restaurant, the only reason I ordered from you is because there is literally nowhere else to order takeaway of edible standard in La Linea, from now on I'm making my own currys, god dammit!!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Clarkey1983

La Linea de la Concepcion, Spain
“Delicious food at a reasonable price”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My partner and I live in La Linea and can get a little bored of eating tapas. This is a refreshing break from the rest of the restaurants in the area. I got the Butter Chicken and my partner had the lamb dhansak. We also had the tandoori chicken for a starter to share. All of the dishes were delicious and the portions were generous. The restaurant was very quiet when we went in, although it wasn't at peak time for Spain, therefore we were served straight away. The staff were very friendly and even gave us free chupitos before we left. The decor is authentic and tasteful and there is a nice, laid back vibe.

We will definitely visit this restaurant again and we have recommended it to a lot of our friends.

• Visited December 2013
Malaga, Spain
“Favourite curry house on the coast!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Living in the area, I have been frequenting Gold Tandori Restaurant for years. It has been consistently good, and I can honestly say I'm addicted to it!

Even people who haven't been too fond of curry, or anything spicy have absolutely loved their Korma dishes.

I usually go for very hot spicy food here, and it is gorgeous every time! Hot food in other curry houses have left me feeling bad the next day. Not here! But I want to try everything on the menu!

Everyone I have taken to this place has absolutely loved it!

Service is very good, always friendly and English speaking. (Naturally!) You're greeted with a very large complimentary popadom each, and an assortment of sauces. Food always comes out in authentic Indian bowls on hot plates to keep it warm. You are always offered a free shot on the house when you get your bill, and the warm towel is just lush! When its closing time, they're not pushing you out of the door, and are happy to wait until you're ready to leave! Now that's a positive!

Negatives? Well, it's a shame that they don't offer any alternative dishes to keep those who dislike Indian food happy. They do make Childrens meals with English food, but not adult meals. The reason why this would be useful is so I can drag my wife there more often!!

It would be nice also if there was outdoor seating, especially in the summer, as its location is right next to the sea.

My final gripe is that as a regular who's taken endless other people there over the years... I want a free curry!!!!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank onlineamiga
Jimena de la Frontera, Spain
“GOLD - GOLD STAR ++++”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

What a fantastic curry house, full of delicious smells, food, and attentive (but discreet) waiting staff. Well worth the milage to go and visit.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank KevinShore
Gothenburg, Sweden
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“distugusting food, where is the pride?”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I don't know who writes these reviews but I visited this restaurant solely on the reviews i read here. The food here is greasy, bland and really a slap in the face to real authentic indian food. Not to mention the interaction to new customers, a smile would not kill the restaurant.

Seriously, this is among the worst restaurants I have been to and I should have known better when I arrived seeing all the chairs and tables empty, not a single customer! The worst part is that i ordered 3 different dishes and they used the same sauce on all three dishes and thought they would get away with it. Disgusting and ridiculous. What a shame...

• Visited September 2013