“Relaxed lunch”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have lunch here a couple of times a month. Normally I stop here on my way to Tarifa for the day. The food is very good. And the prices extremely reasonable. The service is very relaxed to put it nicely. You do sometimes struggle to get waiters attention, and sometimes have to get up to get an extra fork or condiments. It must be noted that the terrace is fundamentally a bar with table service, and you cannot expect 5 star waitering.

To dine here in the evenings is a totally different story - apparantly. I've never come for dinner but I've been told they open the restaurant upstairs and the service is much more restaurant type than the bar/terrace downstairs. I look forward to one day having dinner one evening here, but I normally choose other ones closer to the centre. When you have 3 or 4 favourites its hard to break out of the routine!

If you are impatient or are in a hurry don't come here for lunch. It's really relaxed and you'll have a heart attack when they don't ask you for your first order of drinks within 5 minutes. I hardly see older people in the terrace, exactly because of that, younger people are more patient and less aware of the incompetences or aloofness of the waiter. I wouldnt take my mum here for example, she would be a nervous wreck, as us Brits expect top class waitering everywhere and find it hard to relax and just enjoy thr setting and company

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Downstairs for quick and traditional Spanish meals and excellent bar with attentive staff. Upstairs for fine dining - opens upstairs from 2030. Downstairs bar all day until 2300

Reviewed May 29, 2013

It seems that the only guy who was working there when we were there is a friendly person, the girls never smile. The meals are nothing impressive or surprising, average in total !

Reviewed May 27, 2013

small menu but food was well presented and cooked well,,,not too expensive. Aqua has a modern clean feel to it with young staff,, its a sort of does what it says on the tin kind of place.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is a cut above for La Linea! Nice outside seating near the harbour, great upstairs restaurant and incredibly good food. I've been a few times, including with a party of 12 and we were all blown away.

1  Thank Loistravel