“Ok food nice and comfortable”
Review of aQa

aQa
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Ok food nice and comfortable”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

small menu but food was well presented and cooked well,,,not too expensive. Aqua has a modern clean feel to it with young staff,, its a sort of does what it says on the tin kind of place.

Visited May 2013

St.Albans
“Amazing food”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is a cut above for La Linea! Nice outside seating near the harbour, great upstairs restaurant and incredibly good food. I've been a few times, including with a party of 12 and we were all blown away.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Loistravel
La Linea de la Concepcion, Spain
“distinctly poor to average”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Slow staff, average food, saw the waitress pick something off a customers plate and shove it in her mouth, and licked her fingers then brought the food out to the customer. I ordered a dish, they forgot the sauce and forgot the chips, was left with a piece of pork on my plate. NEVER again. Dump.

• Visited April 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Forget Gibraltar restaurants....go here!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

"The thing about eating out in Gibraltar" I was constantly told, "Is that the service is from the 1970's" "If you want to be served quickly and efficiently, go to La Linea"

OK, the group of 10 decided. That's exactly what we will do.

Despite the protestations of some that trecking across the border into Spain would be a drag (er...it's only 20 minutes at most) we trundled off in search of late night food.

Now in the UK heading into a restaurant after 11pm would cause the chefs and waiter a collective groan of despair. But in Spain, that's regarded as "quite early".

So when we were directed to Aqa (Note...not Aqua!) we found plenty of empty tables.

"Don't worry" our local guide assured us "this is early, it will get busy later"

That was good news for us, as a party of 10 descending on a restaurant usually means slow service...and after the day we had...we needed fast service and that is exactly what we got.

My cold beer arrived almost at the same time as I ordered it. Delicious olives, bread and other bouchees were placed in the centre of the large round table to keep the troops happy. Wine appeared, water appeared and shortly after we ordered our main courses only (no time for starters) the main meals started to arrive.

My plate was warm (always a tick in the right box from me), our party of people had grown to 12 and they were seated with no fuss, yet when I started to tuck into my meal, everyone else had theirs as well. Always a sign of an organised kitchen.

It seemed as if everyone had ordered something different. Another sign of good organisation. But silence followed as everyone tucked in.

I had the Iberian Pork fillet with Foi Gras, to my left was a leg of lamb, to my right was a large selection of shellfish and each mouthfull was met with a murmur of approval.

The Pinna Fidelis Rioja went well with the Pork filet. My dessert was a cold lager! Sorry about that but I was still thirsty.

The bill per person was about €30.

As we left at about 2am the place was packed with locals (another good sign).

Mine host waved us all off and nodded his "thanks yous" for helping this little corner of austerity ravaged La Linea.

Would I go again? Absolutely.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank TallScotsGuy
London, United Kingdom
“Time your visit.....”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have had some great meals here and some which are not so good.
The secret is to time your visit, like many restaurants in Spain the kitchen closes after lunch and re-opens in the evening after 8pm.
The outdoor eating area is a real sun trap.

• Visited September 2012