“Great food, miserable, unhelpful front of house !”
Review of Cheerful Chilli

Cheerful Chilli
Ranked #25 of 80 Restaurants in Otley
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Cheerful Chilli Restaurant brings you freshly cooked, wholesome and flavoursome food from around the world. From our popular Mezze Platters to share to favourites such as Aubergine Involtini, Kerala Curry and enchiladas. We have private dining for parties up to 30 and our 4 course Sharing Menu is particularly popular on these occasions. All our deserts and ice creams are home made. Booking is advised. Our Tea Rooms offer a selection of lunches, savouries, deserts and delicious cakes.
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Been to the restaurant many times on an evening and can't fault it. Just returned from a coffee and cake sat outside in the sunshine. The only thing that spoilt it was the miserable lady who served us inside! A smile and a thank you would've been nice but obviously too much trouble. The same lady also came outside to collect our tray without an excuse me or a polite do you mind if I can take your tray ,she just took it. This is the first time I have written on one of these feedback sites but feel it has really let down this wonderful place.

1  Thank Emily8c

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Visited last night with a group of friends where only 1 is vegetarian. We shared the banquet which was amazingly good value - there is loads - 4 courses - all simply scrumptious. To say 8 out of 9 are eat meaters we did not miss the meat one bit. All dishes were presented well - portions not for the faint hearted - mouthwatering flavours - the fajitas were my favourite and because there was loads left I asked for a doggy bag - in fact I've just eaten them for lunch - scrummy. The atmosphere was vibrant and we actually became a little warm so no probs with the temperature as mentioned by an earlier diner. It's definately ontop of my list of eateries. PS save space for the desserts they are luxuriously indulgent. PPS do you take-out??

1  Thank crisipaylor
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I have visited here with friends once before for lunch, which was excellent, but last a group of us went and shared a banquet which was simply fantastic! At £18.50 per head, it was outstanding value. The food was beautiful and thoroughly enjoyed by the whole group, most of whom are not vegetarian. There was far too much food for us to eat, although we made a very good attempt! We were all quite full when the desserts arrived but they were so good we had to eat them too. I will certainly be back and will be recommending it to all my friends too. Don't miss it!

1  Thank Lesley B
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Our third visit and, as usual, the food was great. However, it was the first time I have ever had to eat dinner wearing my outdoor winter coat. The place was freezing cold....thermal undies a must next time!

1  Thank Allexie08
Reviewed March 14, 2014

On holiday from Hertfordshire. Great to find a veggie eating place that isn't over-priced, even the drinks were well priced. Excellent variety of menu.
Some tables and chairs a bit 'rustic' along with the car park but hey, that's all that stopped me giving a 5 star rating. Booking ahead a necessity for evening I think.
Would most definitely put this on the 'must visit' list when we return again!