“1st Time Visit .....Not the last !!!!”
Review of Cheerful Chilli

Cheerful Chilli
Ranked #23 of 79 Restaurants in Otley
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Cheerful Chilli Restaurant brings you freshly cooked, wholesome and flavoursome food from around the world. From our popular Mezze Platters to share to favourites such as Aubergine Involtini, Kerala Curry and enchiladas. We have private dining for parties up to 30 and our 4 course Sharing Menu is particularly popular on these occasions. All our deserts and ice creams are home made. Booking is advised. Our Tea Rooms offer a selection of lunches, savouries, deserts and delicious cakes.
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I was taken to the Cheerful Chilli for my Birthday Treat and it didn't disappoint,,,We were taken to our seats on the upper level the staff were very helpful ,we chose our food and ordered ,we shared a Mezze Platter starter which was packed with flavour and plenty of it to follow we had the Chimichanga and the Tacos and i have to say the food was excellent .and we thoroughly enjoyed our evening .Lovely place Lovely atmosphere and good value for money we will definitely return

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

I was looking forward to a light lunch last saturday and as we live in otley we thought we would give CC a try.

Bad start no parking. Lots of building work going on and a cluttered muddy entrance courtyard.

Liked what we saw inside. Its quite intimate farm house affair. Sumptuous cakes in display stand and a proper barista style coffee machine.

I think though its a bit confused... no menus on tables or freindly waitress to help out find a table or tell you what they have to offer. Instead you stand infront of the till trying to pick stuff out on chalkboards on I think at least 4 walls! I just opted for soup as I felt rushed into ordering as a cue was forming.

Staff all pretty grumpy no smiles or help to note. Cheap ikea furniture.

Soup was lovely as was the bread. I ordered a slice of pizza too which was rustic but gorgous! Finished off with a slice of homemade cake. Bit overbaked but tasty. Coffee very good.

£25 for a coffee, a tea, 2 x soup, pizza slice, broccoli and cheese quiche, 2 slices cake. A bit on the expensive side but good quality but nothing I couldn't have done myself.

Didn't dig the whole vegetarian thing either bit dull. Needs a lick of paint, sort entrance area (outside) and better furniture and staff who are not so obviously bored and unhappy to be working on Saturday (teenage girls so who can blame them)

I cant see me rushing back but will try again in better weather. Heard better reports of the restaurant in the evening.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Had a lovely time at Cheerful Chilli before Christmas. I've not been before and I didn't know what to expect from the food as I never choose vegetarian! Everything we had was packed with flavour and the desserts were amazing.
If you're after fine dining, this is not the place but it's a great casual place for couples and small groups of friends with quaint rooms. It was a cold wet night when we went and it could have been a bit warmer but the candles made it feel cosy.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I've several times now, with big parties and with a couple of friends, each time the reception has been warm and inviting. The quality of the food is great, with wonderful blends of flavours to suit everyone. Very good value for money. I recommend trying whether you're a vegetarian or not.

1  Thank DRSmith_12
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Went with friends on our 3rd trip to the Cheerful Chilli.
Not very well signposted so if you are heading there on an evening from Otley centre and don't know where it is, better keep your eyes well peeled!

Great friendly welcome by the girls behind the counter. Quick efficient (and again friendly) service.

Food choice (strictly veggie options people, remember that!) is great at a decent price.

Highly recommend the chilli (massive bowl with tons of rice) or the chimichanga.

And you HAVE to leave room for the chocolate nemesis - simply the best pud!

Be prepared for basic (but clean) decor and you can bring your own bottle and pay cork (although limited wine options available).

Great ambience, everyone having a great time and it was extremely busy even on a Wed evening, so book in advance.

Marked down just slightly because it could do with more sturdy chairs in the restaurant (felt like they were going to collapse) plus the paving towards the main entrance door is quite treacherous in th dark so some repairs or lighting outside would be useful - am picking at minor things though.

Overall, highly recommend this place.