“Friendly”
Review of The Black Bull Inn

The Black Bull Inn
Ranked #51 of 81 Restaurants in Otley
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Only visited for drinks. Was rather busy & seemed popular with locals. Everyone really friendly. The dog even got treated to a bowl of meat on the house!

1  Thank Bex_luvbug1984

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Do not miss this place. Its the best in Otley. It is very welcoming, and DOG friendly too. Though because it is popular and locals use it on Market day, it is Busy. Old stone floors great for the dog, as its cool. Food out of this world. Me and Jake my GSD had Roast Beef & Yorkshire Pudding. Washed down with a pint of Leeds Ale. The prices are very reasonable. And the roast potato's are HEAVEN. Keep it just the way it is.
Don't forget to visit the Churchyard , and see the wonderful Navvies Memorial. Dedicated to all the Navvies who built the railway and Tunnel. I wonder if some of them supped at the Black bull.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

My wife and I popped in hear for lunch on a Saturday. It was quite busy but we managed to get a table near the fire which was nice.

The food was tasty and for the price we paid pretty good value too. I had a Yorkshire pudding with sausages and my wife had fish cakes. Both went down well.

Would pop in for lunch again.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Having done a quick Tripadvisor scan for somewhere to eat in Otley this lovely old pub proved to be the closest to where we were stood. Walking in on a cold day you were hit by a wall of warmth.The fire was on and the place was heaving. The bar had a good selection of Real Ale's all well kept.

The staff were welcoming and friendly.

We ordered our food which was very reasonably priced, about £1 to £2 less than your would expect to pay elsewhere. The Stewing Steak was delicious and very well cooked, as was the Scampi and Hot Beef Sandwich - importantly this did not seem to be reheated fayre that you get in lots of pubs these days.

The downside was cleanliness which is why I have not awarded an excellent, pubs should be old and charming but that does not give an excuse for dirty tables and upholestry. The tables were also not been cleared properly.

HOWEVER I would return, this is a proper pub serving homely well presented food and reasonable prices. I would eat there again as a glance into the kitchen when leaving showed it to be very clean and presentable.

2  Thank badger064st
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We went for drinks on Christmas Day 2013 and the welcome was that of the Holy Family to the Wise Men. Thank you, Sue, for sharing with me. Your heart is as big as the Dales! May God bless you with a holy, happy and healthy 2014!