“Good value and nice food”
Review of The Black Bull Inn

The Black Bull Inn
Ranked #35 of 76 Restaurants in Otley
Guiseley, England, United Kingdom
“Good value and nice food”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

My wife and I popped in hear for lunch on a Saturday. It was quite busy but we managed to get a table near the fire which was nice.

The food was tasty and for the price we paid pretty good value too. I had a Yorkshire pudding with sausages and my wife had fish cakes. Both went down well.

Would pop in for lunch again.

• Visited January 2014

Yorkshire
“Don't Let The Reviews Put You Off - A Gem!”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Having done a quick Tripadvisor scan for somewhere to eat in Otley this lovely old pub proved to be the closest to where we were stood. Walking in on a cold day you were hit by a wall of warmth.The fire was on and the place was heaving. The bar had a good selection of Real Ale's all well kept.

The staff were welcoming and friendly.

We ordered our food which was very reasonably priced, about £1 to £2 less than your would expect to pay elsewhere. The Stewing Steak was delicious and very well cooked, as was the Scampi and Hot Beef Sandwich - importantly this did not seem to be reheated fayre that you get in lots of pubs these days.

The downside was cleanliness which is why I have not awarded an excellent, pubs should be old and charming but that does not give an excuse for dirty tables and upholestry. The tables were also not been cleared properly.

HOWEVER I would return, this is a proper pub serving homely well presented food and reasonable prices. I would eat there again as a glance into the kitchen when leaving showed it to be very clean and presentable.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank badger064st
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Christmas Thank You!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We went for drinks on Christmas Day 2013 and the welcome was that of the Holy Family to the Wise Men. Thank you, Sue, for sharing with me. Your heart is as big as the Dales! May God bless you with a holy, happy and healthy 2014!

• Visited December 2013
Vizzolo Predabissi, Italy
“Okay”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

A bit hit and miss, I suppose it depends on what you eat. Nice old pub though. Will go back but eventually just stick with what works for me on the menu, I guess thats fish and chips then

Visited August 2013
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Good pub that serves a good pint”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

A proper pub, with great beers. When you visit Otley and fancy a beer this is the place to go. The staff are always welcoming.
I've not eaten here but can vouch for the beer.

• Visited September 2013