“Best cakes in the North of England”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Yum at the Bay Tree Cafe - CLOSED

Yum at the Bay Tree Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Otley, United Kingdom
“Best cakes in the North of England”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

We have been going to Yum at the Bay since it opened. Joannes cakes really take some beating. Not only do they taste fantastic they look fantastic too!

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Vintage Cake Heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

This cafe is by far the best cafe I have ever visited! They offer gorgeous savoury food, my favorites being the wensleydale and homemade carrot chutney sandwich and also the brocoli and stilton soup (with around 3 other choices of soup made daily). There are also a vast selection of delicious, mouthwatering cakes such as the oreo cookie brownie, carrot cake, chocolate orange cake, cake pops, lemon and blueberry cake as well as scones and meringues with fresh cream and strawberries. I have never seen such hard work and dedication by the owner and it seems to be family run which is another plus. The vibe is very retro chic, with beautiful decorations, and old trinkets, with tea being poured from your own vintage teapot into a sweet china cup! HOW FAB!!! So glad we discovered this cafe its marvelous!!

Shipley, United Kingdom
“Lovely little cafe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

A hidden little cafe with a vintage decor and quite an interesting collection of china crockery. Nice menu and my friend and I had a bacon sandwich in the local Bondgate bakery's sunflower bread which was gorgeous. Plenty of choice with paninis sandwiches soup etc and some fabulous cakes. Very relaxing and interesting cafe, would highly recommend.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely cafe: great coffee, panini and cake!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

I visited this cafe around a week or so ago whilst visiting my parents and can happily say that I will certainly be calling in again soon! We each ordered different paninis; I had Mozzarella and Sun-dried Tomato which tasted brilliant and I also had a taste of the Halloumi and Roasted Veg one which was equally as impressive. The portion sizes were generous given the reasonable price, with a variety of tasty fresh salads.

Following this, it was time for cake. The sheer number of freshly baked cakes on offer was staggering! After finally narrowing it down to two options, I opted for the White Chocolate and Raspberry cake and can honestly say it was the most scrumptious cake I've ever tasted. Everything about it was perfect. Clearly no corners are being cut at the Bay Tree. There are other cafes I've visited where I've paid lots more than I did here for a far inferior meal.

Finally, the coffee; the cappuccino I ordered was beautifully presented and again, was delightful. The waiting time was minimal as our coffee arrived almost before we'd sat down having placed our order!

I would recommend visiting Yum at the Bay Tree to anyone living in or visiting Otley. Whilst we were there, there was such a wide range of people, from mums with toddlers to middle-aged couples to pensioners enjoying an afternoon tea. Can't wait to go back!

The Dales, UK
“A hidden gem in Otley!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

Yum serve the BEST coffee in Otley!
We also ordered freshly made soup and delicious sandwiches, which were served with sides of tasty salads. Afterwards we could not resist the amazing display of home-made cakes - just delicious! All made by the hard-working owner and served with a smile. The cafe is so cute,with displays of Vintage cooking items that are really interesting. It was like stepping back in time!
Definately the best cafe in Otley, so visit soon!

• Visited December 2013