“Handy cafe, right in the marketplace”
Review of Leeds house Cafe

Leeds house Cafe
Ranked #59 of 79 Restaurants in Otley
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We called in here as we'd just been strolling around the marketplace, and it had just started to rain. Coffee was good, as was the service; it was warm and a television had the news on, so it was good to be able to 'chill out' for a bit, before we carried on shopping!!

4  Thank snowbird29

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We bobbed in on a sunny afternoon, it had a busy outdoor seating area and looked clean. Firstly the service was slow, we overall waited for 45 minutes between sitting down and eventually eating. My first choice was chilli nachos but they had no sour cream (despite being near to a supermarket), my second choice was tuna mayo sandwich. My husband's sandwich was fine, mine was very soggy and had to be changed (chef hadn't drained the tuna enough I was told). It was a bit of a mistake to call it tuna mayo as it had little mayo which made it very dry and the tuna was still in large chunks. I added mayo but as this was cheap mayo with a vinegar taste this didn't help. At nearly £7 I was expecting something far nicer/more impressive. The thick cut bread also didn't appear. On a good note the chips were lovely and if I'd had nice mayo they would've made the experience a lot better. I would suggest the owners go to love rouge in headingley, Leeds to see the difference in quality and take some tips! Nice hancut crisps (not walkers salt and vinegar) side salad with dressing, real mayo and fresh bakery bread...they'd still make a profit at their prices. Won't be returning for food, it's probably a better experience for a drink and maybe a cake. Sorry.

3  Thank Z246
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The staff here are just plain rude, they seem to dislike children intensely and have very little regard for their customers. on the plus side the food is pretty good and the prices reasonable.

2  Thank Tom W
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Visited this cafe with family in January. We've not been here before but thought we would venture in as it looked welcoming and cosy on a cold wet day. I agree with other posters about the various signs and rules pinned to all notice boards. Not the most comforting welcome!

The menu states that everything is cooked freshly and it's not a fast food establishment. We therefore assumed everything would be home cooked. Having ordered the soup we were disappointed that it was Heinz tomato soup from a can. Felt ripped off and somewhat let down. If we knew it was going to be this then we'd have bought a can from the supermarket and warned it up at home!

Otley has an abundance of cafés - I'd recommend you look around before visiting here as service is mediocre and the quality of the food doesn't reflect what is charged.

3  Thank Adrian F
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Visited this cafe/restaurant with my elderly parents. The greeting was a bit off hand and did not bode well but my parents were really tired and did not want to walk any further to find somewhere else. My father just wanted a plain bacon sandwhich. "Chef" had to be consulted and the answer that came back was "he can do a bacon sandwhich but it will come with whatever it says on the menu as there can be no changes to the menu". The waitresses manner was so unhelpful and the general attitude was so bad that in the end we did leave without ordering and went to find somewhere else. A perfect example of a business that does not deserve to be in business!!!!

3  Thank pelhams