“Great Italian food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

I'd come here ever night for tea if I had enough money! Really delicious food, attentive and friendly service and a lovely restaurant.

1  Thank Erialc2014

Reviewed July 20, 2014

New owners are doing a great job. Family run went for a pizza but had a fillet steak ,really good. will go back

2  Thank Timothy D
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Fifteen friends out for a fun night at IL Buco restaurant, meal was very good value and of an excellent quility and well presented. The staff were very good given the amout of us getting food at the same time my thanks to them. I will be visiting again soon at the next opportunity as we had a lovely time and good experience which is unusual these days, service was excellent my thanks to all the staff.

domenico-e-isa, Direttore at Il Buco, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comment, we were more than happy to have you at the restaurant and to be with you, we hope to see you again soon.

Isa and Domenico

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We all had the Monday night special kids had pizza and pasta food and service were excellent -great evening thanks Isa and Dom

1  Thank Carmine R

Thank you for your comment, with you we felt like we were actually in italy, thank you talking in italian and also dialect was really good ...thanks and see you soon

P.S hugs for nonna e nonno

Reviewed July 5, 2014

I have been to Il Buco twice in the last few weeks, and thoroughly enjoyed it both times.

The staff were nothing but fantastic, always happy to help. We were plesently asked how our meals were, and managed to stike the balance just right between asking too much, and not enough. A rare thing! There were a few service issues the second time and the meal was a little slow, however, as this was the day before the Tour de France visited the town, the resteraunt was rather busy with extra seating outside, so very much understandable. We were warned it would be slow, and were apologised to-sinceraly too. We had also arrived later than origionally booked, due to travel problems, but the staff were happy to accomodate us.

Every member of staff was smiling, happy to chat, and very pleasent company. Lovely to see the same faces both times too. Minor issues such as a missed drink were quickly resolved once mentioned.

The food was exceptional. The first time we made it for the early bird menu. I wasn't sure what to have, so asked the owner what she recommened. I can't reacall the name, but it was a spicy pasta dish, and very pleasent. Fairly mild as far as spicy things go, but full of flavour. The coffee was fantastic. A really strong, rich flavour, and smells devine. Early bird is just a reduced section of the main menu, and fabulous value.

The second day, I had the Callamari Fritti. Delicatly sliced, and cooked wonderfully, with a lovely light batter. The home made sauce (tartare...?) was smashing too. I made sure I got the last of it, even after I finished the calamari. The Calzoni was delightful. Huge, tasty, and full to the brim. We had told the resteraunt this was a birthday for one of the party, and were given a huge slice of devine tiramisu for the birthday person, complete with candle and the staff joining in the singing. Some good natured, jokey banter from staff ensued when other people dived in.

I also appreciated being able to see into the kitchen - It demonstrates a restaurant proud of their cleanliness and chef team.

All in all, a great time was had by everyone. both times.
I've not tried the Monday night 'Italian style' Monday nights, or Tapas Tuesdays, but I'll be looking for an excuse to do so!

domenico-e-isa, Direttore at Il Buco, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

just one word can describe how grateful we are for your comment is on tripadvisor
''Grazie''
we are delighted that we have spent that special day with you, you comment gives us strength and lot of will to become better and better.
we hope to see you soon