“Great find!”

Cock Pit Farm Tea Rooms
Ranked #2 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Otley
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We'd love you to stop for a drink and a bite to eat, and take inthe beautiful North Yorkshire scenery. Walkers, cyclists and dogs welcome. Home made cakes, soup and afternoon tea in a stunning rural and welcoming environment.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great find!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Visited the tearooms yesterday for the first time. Staff were lovely & we received a very warm welcome for both us and our dog, who we could take inside - which is always a bonus! Lovely coffee, hot chocolate & cakes & a doggie biscuit for the dog! There was also a great seating area outside & plenty of room to park! A real find! We hope to be back very soon & look forward to trying the circular 4 mile walk around the farm before tucking in to some more lovely cake!

• Visited June 2014

Otley, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply the best!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

I've been visiting this tearoom more or less weekly since it's opening in 2009, first with family and have also introduced many friends to it's delights since, who are now regulars too. Never have I found another tearoom of such a consistently high standard as this one. The welcome is forever warm from Sue and her delightful team of well mannered young ladies. The food and cakes are always beautifully presented, my particular favourites pear and walnut salad and mocha cake but then again over the years I've tried it all and it's all scrumptious! On a sunny day there's nowhere more relaxing to sit and enjoy the view with friends or alternatively on a rainy day it's a great place to seek solace from the elements with comfort food!

Visited June 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Beautiful”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to this Tea Room and I was not disappointed, I went asking with my dad, who had been before, the staff were all very polite, the gardens are lovely, clean and today, the shop is lovely, the food was just gorgeous! I had the tuna mayonnaise sandwich who came with side salad with French dressing and a little bowl of seeds, chocolate milkshake and rocky Road, all home made!
My dad had Ham and brei panini with side salad, a pot of tea and then a scone with clotted cream and jam, which he thoroughly enjoyed too! Home made scones, big ones too!
We couldn't fault it!
There were 3 friendly hens wandering around which was nice to see, they are dog friendly with dog treats available and a bowl of water, skipping ropes for the kids if you have children. It's was just lovely. They also have in the shop nik naks, jewellery, pens, cups, cards etc to buy that are not expensive.
I will definitely be returning!
Thank you, for making a pained lady happy! (I'm the one that came with the tens machine attached! )

uk
“Great Cream Teas”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Have been here several times and always have scone with jam & clotted cream. I can only say to the person who wrote the poor review - what do you expect on a bank holiday, and the fact that there's not much left near closing is only testament to the good food.
Great café for walkers & cyclists & nice garden to sit in too.

• Visited April 2014
Otley, United Kingdom
“So friendly to man and his dog (and woman and hers)”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Called in on a very wet Saturday to enter our pooches into their dog show on the 21st of june and if course succumbed to the real, heartfelt greeting and welcome. Well behaved dogs are welcome inside and despite thw weather outside, it was busy but with room to spare. Whilst chatting of course my eyes were drawn to the delicious looking cakes and baking laid out on the counter. All home made and baked. So for a squidge over £8, a large bol of coffee, a pot of Yorkshire tea for one, a scone with all the trimmings and a lip smacking lemon curd cake were purloined and devoured. If there were an award for tea rooms this would win gold. Ample parking for cars and bikes and a small cornucopia of gifts and cards inside. Brilliant!