“Fantastic Fishy Fare”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Takeout
Knaresborough, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Fishy Fare”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We've recently had both a sit down meal and also a take away from The Cove in Otley and we've been exceptionally pleased with both experiences. We visited the restaurant and were greeted by an exceptionally pleasant girl, who showed us to our table and returned to take our orders. My partner had the traditional fish and chips whilst I decided to go for The Whale. The batter on the fish was crisp and tasty and the chips were perfect. The fish itself was plump, white and moist. It was an excellent meal, served by lovely waiting staff. The week after we decided to visit the takeaway and I had fish and chips and my partner had the fish cake. The fish cake was great, obviously homemade and very tasty. We took our food and walked down to the banks of the river, which made for a great afternoon.

• Visited July 2013

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Lovely fish and chips”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Just had a lovely fish and chips at The Cove. We arrived with a large push chair but there was only space upstairs; this was no problem we just stored the push chair away with the help of the very helpful staff. The meal was very nice and probably some of the best fish and chips I've eaten in a restaurant. We were served quickly and didn't realise until we left that we were last to leave and they had actually closed; there was no sense of rushing you out of the building. The staff and service was excellent. Will definitely visit again.

Otley, United Kingdom
“Good fish and chips!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The is the best of the Fish and Chip restaurants in Otley. It is open longer hours than the others meaning you can grab some hot food pretty much when you fancy it.

There is somewhere to sit outside and it's close to the river in Otley which is a lovely place to sit and eat your hot chips!!

I have always found the staff very friendly and helpful.

• Visited August 2013
“To much hype for disappointing service and food”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Been there three time in last mth as live 10 min away.. The staff are rubbish always getting orders wrong on all the times been in :0( fish cooked to order so why over cooked .. I guess they have oil so hot to cook it quick .. Result over cooked fish ..greasy as well ..and maybe twenty at most chips .. Staff crap cannot read receipt in front of them ..is it that hard .. Fish chips curry .. Was in Sunday night and girl had no idea what she was doing .. Poor show bondgate much better fish and chips .. Disappointed

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have lived in the states for years and whenever I visit the uk, I only come to the cove for the best fish and chips in the uk. I absolutely love it here an would recommend it to anyone. The homemade tartar sauce is fantastic also. Love this places. It is a must to come to the cove!!

• Visited July 2013