“Roebuck BBQ”

Ranked #5 of 79 Restaurants in Otley
Cuisines: British
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A traditional Yorkshire Pub serving honest Yorkshire Fayre, Cask Ales,Continental Beers and fine wines with views over the Wharfe Valley
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We visited The Roebuck pub on Sunday 26th May for a quick drink and discovered the pub had a BBQ, bouncy castle and an Ice cream van for the kids. We ordered the Steak Burger which came with gorgeous chunky chips and a lovely salad. I ordered sausage and chips from the bbq for my daughter but she was more concerned with the Mr Whippy ice cream, so i got to eat her sausage too. The food was great, really tasty and cooked to perfection, no 'value' burgers here. The selection of beers was really good and lots of space for kids to run around and play. A great destination pub.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Decided to go here last week for Sunday lunch with my wife and 9 month old daughter in tow on what seemed like the hottest Sunday for sometime. We pulled up and immediately noticed that the place has undergone a full transformation quite recently and after asking a bar staff found out it was fully refurbished only last year. Its a refurb that has been done very tastefully and the place has still kept a great deal of character, but at the same time bringing the whole place bang up to date. We managed to get a table on the perfectly manicured lawn, so much so i thought at one point it was artificial grass. We sat for a while and enjoyed the views over the Yorkshire countryside before a very pleasant young lady came and took our order. We ordered two roast Sunday dinners, one pork and the other beef. I must say i was waiting with anticipation as up to this point the place was scoring very high and when the two meals came out they scored even higher. They came out and looked absolutely divine, tasted even better and they even steered away from one of my pet hates......the roast potatoes were actually roasted and simply crumbled in my mouth as apposed to the roast potatoes that are simply shoved in a deep fryer, so what youre actually getting is just big chips. The generous portions of beef were tender and cooked to perfection along with the copious amounts of seasonal veg to accompany the main meal. All in all the was a very pleasurable sunday dining experiance and actually going back in a couple of weeks for my mother in laws birthday........Shhhhhhhh dont tell her. Keep up the high standards guys, its a pleasure to have been there.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Undercooked BBQ food, how hard can it be to cook a few sausages and burgers? Won't be going again. Lovely day in the sun spoilt by inept cooking.

3  Thank 283JohnC1973
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Been a few times, the staff are great. The food is simply delicious, thoroughly recommend the sunday lunch! They even brought some treats from the kitchen for our dog! Going this weekend and can't wait... yum!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My first visit to this newly refurbished/extended bar and we were not disappointed.
We arrived as a group over a fifteen minute period and enjoyed a drink whilst discussing our forthcoming walking adventures.
A good selection of beers and drinks available from the bar Black Sheep, Mary Jane etc., etc.,
I was most impressed with the total refurbishment of the property and also the standard of the decorations and equipment - I must also mention the toilets - first class, clean and fully stocked with soap, paper hand towels etc., So many establishments fall short on the standard of toilet facilities - or should I say some of the clients do not respect what is provided - NOT IN THIS CASE.
We mostly decided to have the £10 menu which I believe is perhaps only available on Monday - hence the Happy Mondays menu.
A good selection of starters, mains and desserts.
The waitress was very pleasant and efficient. Some of the group has the Eggs Benedict as a starter which I felt were exceptional whilst others had soup.
For the mains one member had North Sea Fish pie which smelled yummy and I am told was. For myself I had Whitby Scampi and home cooked chips done in dripping (not healthy apparently but so what!!) together with a small salad.
As the bar/restaurant was not overly busy we were not rushed and enjoyed a further chat and enjoyed drinks and coffee.
All in all a very pleasant experience and CERTAINLY value for money - well done!! We WILL return.