“THIS SHOULD BE A GOLD MINE”
Review of Dyneley Arms

Dyneley Arms
Ranked #39 of 76 Restaurants in Otley
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Pub on A665
Leeds, United Kingdom
“THIS SHOULD BE A GOLD MINE”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The position of this pub means it should be a gold mine. Beautiful building Plenty of parking inside is really lovely but there is just no welcome no atmostphere.....come on you have the means start cashing in.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank estateagent47

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good value for money!!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I usually just read reviews rather than write them but I think this place really deserves a thumbs up. My mum and I had wanted to try this place for a while as we had not been since the re-opening.

The pub has a lovely layout with nice furniture with many places to sit with a impressive view of the nearby countryside. It was nice and clean inside, no sticky tables or menus that you tend to find in pubs.

I was impressed with the menu choice, and good choices for vegetarians too. We ordered two main meals and two drinks and the bill came to £13. We would have had Pudding too if we'd have had room!

In summary, the food was good, the place was lovely, service was friendly and the price is cheap. What more do you want for a lunch out?! I will sertainly be going back.

1 Thank 6555natalie
leeds
“Stay away from the sunday lunch”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

we went for sunday lunch , The empty car park should have warned us , I opted for the roast beef @ £7.95 when it can it had a 2" soggy poor excuse for a yorkshire pudding 1 carrott(fresh) cut into 4 slices ,1 table spoon of cabbage(fresh) a few tinned peas and 3 very thin slices of what they called beef ,it was more like what you would buy on Asda meat counter then microwaved or left somewhere hot until it had a hard coat with a funny tast,e 1 roast potato and 1 boiled potato , I ate it because i was hungry ,My wife had the chicken which she said it was nice ,the waitress that served us never came back to ask how the meal was ( I wonder why) and again when I went to pay I was not asked how the gruel was .Somehow I don't think we will be returning in the near future as they are a lot better places out there

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank rich999
Walsall
“I found it quite nice”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Travelling from Harrogate down to Leeds I stopped off at this pub for a bite to eat with my brother and my three cousins who were visiting over from Canada. They wanted some traditional English grub so we thought this place would do the trick. It looks like they have spent a lot of money on the place. It's clean and modern whilst still very much a traditional pub. As others have written it's family friendly and I was impressed from my first impressions.

The menu is extensive. I didn't read the other reviews before arriving here and I may have been put off if I did. I found the food to be tasty. My brother had a tomato soup with bread and some chips (which I couldn't help but pick at). I had a thai dish as it was the only veggie option without diary and my cousins both had toad in the hole. We all enjoyed the food and so I'm a little surprised at the other comments. Perhaps if we had tried more dishes we may have got a similar view but I can only comment on what we ate.

The food and a couple of drinks cost me £31.24 for 5 of us (paid on my credit card) so I was pretty happy with that. The staff were friendly and helpful so I would go back if I was in the area.

• Visited August 2012
West Yorkshire
“Relaxing atmosphere, great service, poor food”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This pub has buckets of potential. The atmosphere is warm and relaxing. Service is very good but the food is just awful.

The lasagne I ordered had never seen a tomato in its life. It looked like left over Shepherds pie filling had been put in lasagne.

Do yourselves a favour and get rid of the 'chef'. Using term loosely.