“Can you please open one of these in Horsforth?”
Review of The Fleece

The Fleece
Ranked #59 of 75 Restaurants in Otley
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can you please open one of these in Horsforth?”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Visited 2/2/13 when we had decided one more day before the new year fitness regime begins and we could squeeze in one last treat!

My only criticism of this lovely pub is that is not closer to home and we live too far away to walk to this gem!

Had heard the grub was good, but it was great and amazing value. There is an early bird menu 5-7pm, which we took advantage of. Two courses for £11! Was so good we ended up having dessert and coffee's too.

I had game to start and my friend had scallops (extra £ as a supplement but worth it). My game was lovely, pink and tender. Scallops looked good too. For mains we had the home made pie, which was packed with chicken filling. I had the home made sausages and mash, which were really tasty too.
Followed by panacotta and sticky toffee pudding which were both really nice.

Overall good value and great grub, have recommended The Fleece to lots of friends and would certainly go back.

1 Thank ALIXNEWTON78

Leeds
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My partner and I have visited The Fleece on a few occasions - each time being very impressed with the quality of the food, excellent service and the comfortable feel of the place itself. Our last visit was a Sunday, especially for the Sunday roast. The beef we had was beautifully cooked to perfection - along with the other foods we've ordered previously. I would highly recommend a visit to The Fleece if you're looking for great food with friendly staff and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. We will definitely be back very soon.

1 Thank Jodie-Ann S
Spain
“Great Pub with friendly staff”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

A large group of us recently met for New Year for the first visit here.The place is clean with a great atmosphere with a choice of rooms in which to sit.The view and outside areas lovely.The food was very good and we cannot compliment the very friendly staff enough,nothing was too much trouble for them even though they had a big evening planned and a fully booked New Years days ahead.They still managed to get us all in the same area.We would all certainly like to return again.

1 Thank gdfriends
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb, amazing, fantastic!”
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I made our first ever visit to the fleece last weekend having heard positive reviews and I cannot say how impressed we were. The food was incredible as was the service. If you are looking for a casual dining experience in a relaxed setting then this place is hard to top. The food was something you would expect to taste in a fine dining restaurant where you would probably pay twice as much for it! I understand the pub is owned by a local brewery and as a result there are a great selection of local beers on tap and the couple I tried we're excellent.

For starter I had slow braised belly pork, pan fried with ham knuckle and it was delicious, it really was. My fiancé had a butternut risotto which she really enjoyed and after stealing a taster I can confirm it too was lovely!

For main course I had an old pub favourite, beer battered fish and chips. The beer they used in the batter was one from the brewery linked to the pub and I have to say these were the best fish and chips I've had outside of Whitby! My fiancé Michelle had cod with oxtail in a red wine sauce which sounds like an odd combo but was amazing.

The food was that good we even found room for a dessert. I had a chocolate fondant and Michelle had sticky toffee pudding. Both were fantastic.

I think it's fair to say that having just moved to otley we have found somewhere we will be visiting time and time again!

1 Thank Terry B
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great food and venue”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We went to The Fleece for a Christmas Party in December as it had been recomended to us as a quality venue for a 'do' with excellent food. It has been fitted out and decorated with a really nice combination of modern tastes and a traditional pub (went down well with our younger, more fashion conscious colleagues) The food was awesome. Great starters and mains, excellent desserts (especially the ginger/treacle sponges and the cheese board) Haven't had it myself, but a friend of mine said that the English breakfast on a morning is the best full English he's ever had, and he 's had a few!. We were there in darkest winter and it was lovely and snug, looking out the windows I can imagine in the summer that it's a great place to sit out by the river. Definitely worth a visit and definitely eat there

• Visited December 2012